Valentine's Day is a day for love — but why not for laughs too? Besides the typical flowers, chocolates, and candlelit dinners on Valentine's Day, there's truly nothing more romantic than making your loved one laugh with a sweet, punny message from the heart — after all, it is one of the cutest and most pun-worthy holidays out there (that's why conversation hearts are so popular, right?).
This year, woo your Valentine with some cute and silly pun-tastic sayings, sure to earn a laugh (or a groan) from your significant other — or should I say significant otter? Whether you're looking to find a sweet message to write on your DIY Valentine's card or searching for that perfect silly message to stick onto your punny Valentine's Day DIY plant gift (or maybe even trying to find an adorable caption for your Instagram pic), here are some of the best Valentine's Day puns out there, from food-related sayings to clever puns inspired by the cutest and most lovable animals and plants.
Don't forget to check out GoodHousekeeping.com's Valentine's Day Guide.
Animal-Related Puns for Valentine's Day
- Will you bee mine?
- I can’t bear to be without you.
- You give my life porpoise.
- I ain’t lion when I say I love you.
- I love you like no otter.
- Will ewe be my Valentine?
- Let's spend some koala-ty time together.
- I'm so very fawn-ed of you.
- Will you be my significant otter?
- I’ll owl-ways love you.
- I think you are porcu-fine.
- Meow and forever.
- You're the bear-y best.
- I whale always love you.
- I turtlely love you.
- We bee-long together.
- I puggin' love you.
- You are otterly wonderful.
- You've got me feline fine.
- Whale you be my Valentine?
Food-Related Puns for Valentine's Day
- Will you peas be my Valentine?
- You're the loaf of my life.
- You've stolen a pizza my heart.
- We're mint to be.
- I love you from my head to-ma-toes.
- We make a great pear.
- I yam in love with you.
- I want to spend more thyme with you.
- Words can't espresso how much I love you.
- Don't go bacon my heart.
- You're my everything bagel.
- You're the one pho me.
- We're butter together.
- I donut what I would do without you.
- Hey Valentine, you're a gouda one!
- I love you berry much.
- You make my heart skip a beet.
- I love you a latte.
- Here's my number, so kale me, maybe?
- Olive you so much.
Nature-Related Puns for Valentine's Day
- Aloe you vera much.
- Wood you be my Valentine?
- I can't beleaf you're my Valentine.
- You’re my bam-boo.
- I’d never leaf you.
- So glad I pricked you.
- I’m very frond of you.
- Thistle be the best day ever.
- Aloe! Is it me you're looking for?
- Our love is unbeleafable.
- So mushroom in my heart for you.
- I love you so moss.
- Life would succ without you.
- I’m ready to take it from “cacti” to “cactus.”
- I'll never desert you.
- You had me at "aloe."
- Pining for you.
- I'm water-falling for you.
- I lava you.
- I'll always root for you.
For can't-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.
You Might Also Like