Rihanna is one of our favorite beauty chameleons. The Barbadian singer can effortlessly pull off everything, from faux dreadlocks to rose-taupe lipstick. Did you see her impeccable over-the-top blush and damask-patterned gold foil nails at this year's Met Gala? Point made.
Riri can not only work (and slay) any makeup look, she's a trendsetter with everything she does. The latest beauty trend seen on our favorite celebs is teal-green eyeshadow, and Rihanna was one of the first to rock it right.
At her Fenty Puma by Rihanna Experience event in Los Angeles, Rihanna perfectly matched her teal eye makeup to her outfit, and we couldn't get enough of it. Of course, we wanted to learn how to get our eyeshadow to look as cool as Rihanna's, so we asked celebrity makeup artist Neil Scibelli for his tips and tricks on how to subtly wear this color. Press play above and learn just how to do it!
1. Prep eyes with a primer similar to Pür Eye Polish Eye Base and Top Coat.
2. Apply a turquoise shadow such as MAC Eyeshadow in Steamy to lids.
3. Highlight inner corners of eyes with Nars Highlighting Blush in Albatross. Blend the color to center.
4. Using a liquid liner like Milani Stay Put Matte 17HR Wear Liquid Eyeliner, create a thin line along upper lashline.
5. Use a voluminous mascara such as Benefit They’re Real! Mascara to coat top and bottom lashes.
6. Apply lash glue to Ardell Individuals Medium Lashes and wait a few seconds until tacky before applying.
7. Contour the forehead, hollows of cheeks, and jawline with the dark brown shade from the Honest Beauty Contour + Highlight Kit.
8. Apply Jouer Mineral Powder Bronzer in Sunshine to cheeks and to the crease of eyes for added depth.
9. From the same Honest Beauty contour and highlight palette, add highlight to cheekbones for a natural glow.
10. To create a custom plum-colored lip, layer on pink and purple lipsticks such as Captive and Cyber from the MAC Pro Lip Palette.
11. Apply Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Treatment to lighten and sheer out lip color.
Read more from Yahoo Style & Beauty:
- Rose Byrne’s Messy High Ponytail Is the Perfect Summer Hairstyle
- Learn the Trick to Selena Gomez’s Shimmery Peach Eyes