Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Try out a new spin on traditional cinnamon rolls! This holiday season, bake them in cookie form instead!
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), $21.99
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet (2-pack), $13.99
- Christmas cookie boxes (12-pack), $15.87 (originally $29.95)
- In a medium bowl, stir cookie mix, softened butter, flour and egg until dough forms. On floured surface, roll dough to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the rolled out dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the mix of sugar and cinnamon evenly over dough.
- Roll up dough jelly-roll fashion, starting at long side. Wrap roll in plastic wrap. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375° F. Cut dough into 3/4-inch slices. Place them on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.