The athlete and activist shared a look at his upcoming sneakers on social media today with a video. Kaepernick was posing in the new shoes, with the caption: “Excited to share this project with you. Drops Monday, Dec. 23rd. #TrueTo7.”
More from Footwear News
- Odell Beckham Jr.'s Grinch-Themed Cleats Will Have Fans Green With Envy
- Virgil Abloh's New Nike x Off-White Dunk Lows Quickly Sold Out, But You Can Still Get Them
- Customs Officials Seize $5.3 Million Worth of Fake Nike, Gucci and Louis Vuitton Goods
The long-awaited shoes are set to retail for $110 in adult sizing, while toddler sizes will sell for $65 and kids sizing will sell for $75. They will be released in North America at Nike stores, at select retailers and via the SNKRS app.
— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) December 21, 2019
#TrueTo7 is an homage to his former jersey number and is also featured on a hangtag on the shoe. The low-top sneaker features a black suede and leather upper with a gradient black-to-white leather Swoosh contrasting with the tonal appearance.
An embroidered caricature of the former NFL quarterback is emblazoned onto white leather heel panels along with “K” branding on the tongue. Finishing the look is a white midsole and a translucent outsole. Printed on the outsole of the right shoe is “08 14 16” (Aug. 14, 2016), the date Kaepernick first knelt to protest police brutality.
The Date of Colin Kaepernick’s First NFL Kneeling Is Featured on His Nike Air Force 1 Collab
Travis Scott’s Rumored Nike Air Max 270 React Collab Gets Teased
Here’s a Detailed Look at the Buzzy Air Jordan ‘New Beginnings’ Pack
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court