After much speculation, Coachella has officially been rescheduled due to Coronavirus.
“At the direction of the County of Riverside and local health authorities, we must sadly confirm the rescheduling of Coachella and Stagecoach due to COVID-19 concerns,” Goldenvoice, organizers of both festivals, shared in a statement. “While this decision comes at a time of universal uncertainty, we take the safety and health of our guests, staff and community very seriously. We urge everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols put forth by public health officials.”
More from WWD
- Hermès Cancels Resort Show in London on April 28
- These Fashion Industry Leaders are Raising Funds to Help Fight Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Causes Sales, Traffic to Decline at Urban Outfitters' Seattle, Milan Stores
Coachella will instead take place on the weekends of Oct. 9, 10, 11 and 16, 17, 18, while Stagecoach will occur on Oct. 23, 24 and 25.
“All purchases for the April dates will be honored for the rescheduled October dates,” added the company. “Purchasers will be notified by Friday, March 13 on how to obtain a refund if they are unable to attend.”
Read more from WWD:
WATCH: The Business of Street Style
Best of WWD
- The Eight Must-See Moments From the 2020 Grammy Awards
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways