The athletic company revealed its debut signature sneaker for Kawhi Leonard, the New Balance Kawhi, moments before tip-off. And during the game, the baller — with the shoe bearing his name laced up — dropped a game-high 30 points as part of Team LeBron in the 157-155 win over Team Giannis. His performance earned him the inaugural Kobe Bryant NBA All-Star MVP Award.
More from Footwear News
- LeBron James Debuted New 'Space Jam' Nike LeBron 17 During the NBA All-Star Game
- New Balance Reveals Kawhi Leonard's Debut Signature Shoe Ahead of the NBA All-Star Game
- New Balance and Joe Freshgoods Will Deliver 'No Emotions Are Emotions' Collab During NBA All-Star Weekend
According to New Balance, the signature look will release in limited quantities this spring with a broader launch in the fall.
The brand also was front and center for the game’s halftime show, thanks to Chance the Rapper. The artist hit the stage with the Joe Freshgoods x New Balance 992 “No Emotions Are Emotions” collaboration, which released over NBA All-Star Weekend. (Joe Freshgoods, a Chicago native, also reimagined the New Balance OMN1S, the shoe Leonard wore before debuting his signature sneaker tonight.)
The lowest ask on StockX of the Joe Freshgoods x New Balance 992 at time of publication was $414 and the highest bid is at $575.
New Balance and Paperboy Paris Team Up for Greenhouse Collaborative Collection
Best of Footwear News
- 11 Best Yeezy Sneakers That You Can Shop Now
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts