We cover all kinds of launches, trends, and outfits here at Who What Wear, but one of our newest topics is of particular importance: face masks. At the risk of sounding like a mom trying to convince her kids to wear a mask, nothing is cooler than safety, y'all. To that end, we've teamed up with Pinterest to launch the Make a Statement Mask Contest and encourage our readers to get creative with your face masks. We're calling on you to create an imaginative, unique, self-expressive face mask for a chance to be featured on Who What Wear's website and social as well as on Pinterest.
Here's the full rundown:
1. The foundation of your mask should use two layers of sturdy fabric, and it must cover both your nose and mouth.
2. To enter, submit a short 20-to-60-second video of yourself using this submission form. In the video, wear your mask and tell us how you came up with the idea as well as a few tips for how others could re-create it. We recommend making your videos square (1:1) or vertical (2:3, 4:5, or 9:16).
3. Upload your video as a pin on Pinterest. View the instructions here.
4. Copy and paste a link to your video pin into the submission form mentioned in step two.
5. The deadline to submit is Friday, August 7, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
That's it! We're so excited to see your visionary designs. To help spark some ideas, we've included five stellar participants below.
5 Genius Masks for Inspiration
We love the colorful ribbon ties on this mask by Alexa Adams encouraging you to vote.
We always love a good matching moment. Archel Bernard went all out with the tie-dye trend to great effect.
Who said a black mask has to be boring? Gigi Burris's design is basically runway-ready.
All right, I think Laura Estrada's mask takes the award of Most Badass.
These vivid colors in Michelle Norris's mask are so cheerful.
This article originally appeared on Who What Wear
Read More from Who What Wear