Brad Pitt Is Launching an All-Rosé Champagne House

Lauren Hubbard
·2 mins read
Photo credit: Rick Rowell - Getty Images
Photo credit: Rick Rowell - Getty Images

From Town & Country

Rosé lovers may already be familiar with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's previous foray into the world of pink wine, Miraval, which has been garnering fans since it launched in 2012, but Pitt's next viticultural venture is thinking outside of the Provencal box. This week, the celeb announced that his blush empire would be expanding with the introduction of a new rosé-only Champagne house, Fleur de Miraval.

Hitting shelves on October 15, the Champagne is a joint venture between Pitt, the Perrin family with whom he and Jolie operate Miraval's Côtes de Provence estate, and Rodolphe Péters, whose family has been producing grand crus around Le Mesnil-sur-Oger for more than a century. And in a time when it seems every A-lister is putting their name to a bottle of rosé (musician Post Malone and actress Sarah Jessica Parker each launched their own rosé bottlings this year—Maison No. 9 and Invivo X, respectively—joining the celebrity rosé-making ranks of Jon Bon Jovi, John Legend, Drew Barrymore, Sting, Dave Matthews, and John Malkovich) the brand pointedly bills itself as "not some new 'celebrity wine.'"

Photo credit: Champagne Fleur de Miraval
Photo credit: Champagne Fleur de Miraval

Pitt said in an interview with People, "For me, Champagne conjures up feelings of celebration, quality, prestige, and luxury. But rosé Champagne is still relatively unknown. Backed by our success with Miraval in Provence, I wanted us to try to create the defining brand of rosé Champagne, focusing all our efforts on just this one color." He added, "The result is spectacular and I'm very proud of it."

Made with 75% chardonnay grapes (the other 25% of the expression is pinot noir) the wine is rested on the lees for three years before bottling, and will sell in a black lacquered bottle as extra insurance against UV light corrupting the flavor. "Fleur de Miraval Rosé is the culmination of five years of work, research and tasting done in the utmost secrecy", Rodolphe Péters saidn in a press release. "It is also a very exclusive wine as only 20,000 bottles were produced for this first edition."

The Champagne will reportedly retail for around $390.

You Might Also Like