Take the intimidation factor out of following an anti-inflammatory diet - starting with snack time. While thoroughly reading over labels should always be involved, you can score inflammation-fighting health benefits from some prepackaged eats, too.
"Being a prepackaged food doesn't necessarily mean that it is not a great choice," said Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN, LD and founder of Nutrition Now Counseling.
"Snacks like prepackaged flavored nuts provide the same anti-inflammatory benefits as a flavored nut snack you may make at home - just watch the ingredients, as things like sugar that can be added to snacks can tend to be pro-inflammatory, or inflammation-inducing."
To help you more easily navigate the snack aisle, we asked Manaker for five prepackaged, anti-inflammatory snack options that you can easily toss in your handbag or desk drawer.
- If You Want to Lose Weight, Follow This Dietitian's Simple and Satisfying Smoothie Hack
- I Tried to Wake Up at 5 a.m. Every Day - Here's What It Taught Me About Healthier Mornings
- 10 Healthy Snacks to Prevent Hunger Headaches at Work
- Check Out This Dietitian's Frozen Food Grocery Haul From Trader Joe's
- 6 Lifestyle Changes That’ll Boost Your Brain Power, According to a Neurologist