The women of Modern Family have left their mark on the 2017 Emmys. First, Sarah Hyland shocked with a cutout dress, then Sofia Vergara glowed in a wedding-worthy gown, and, last but not least, Ariel Winter wowed in a floor-length dress with double thigh-high slits.
Winter, whose series was nominated for Best Comedy, turned heads in a beaded gown with a high neckline by Australian designer Steven Khalil.
The dress featured not one but two thigh-high slits that threatened to show a little bit more than planned. However, Winter was obviously ready for the revealing nature of the dress when she posed on the red carpet.
“I was just looking for something different. I loved it and thought it was a beautiful dress,” Winter told People magazine. “I usually do cleavage and not legs, so I decided to switch it up!”
The 19-year-old is also known for displaying her booty, but she explained in a recent tweet that it wasn’t intentional. “I literally do not try and show my a** when I wear shorts…my a** just eats them up and then I don’t notice…awkward af,” Winter wrote on Twitter.
While the dresses she and her onscreen older sister wore were similar because of their revealing nature, the gowns she and Vergara chose were similar because of their designers. Like Mark Zunino, who designed Vergara’s white mermaid gown, Steven Khalil is known for his bridal designs.
More Emmy Awards coverage from Yahoo:
- Jane Fonda, nearly 80, wears long, faux ponytail to Emmys
- Sofia Vergara says sexy Emmys dress is ‘perfect for voluptuous women’
- Sean Spicer drives podium onstage to open 2017 Emmy Awards
- Stephen Colbert’s best monologue jokes at the 2017 Emmys
- See all the 2017 Emmy Awards arrivals
- Anna Faris slays while making postsplit debut at the Emmys
- Silicon Valley’s Amanda Crew stuns in sheer sequined sheath on Emmys red carpet
- ‘Modern Family’s Sarah Hyland shows off abs (and, perhaps, Spanx) in cutout gown at Emmys