With the 2018 World Cup set to open in Russia in a little less than a month, the Argentine Football Association, the governing body for soccer in the country, held a course on Tuesday for players, coaches, team officials and journalists on how to navigate life in the host country.
Well, the course took things a little too far, and now the AFA is apologizing.
In a guidebook entitled “Russian Language and Culture” prepared by the AFA’s sports, social responsibility and sustainability commission were a few pages on how to seduce Russian women. While the AFA reportedly stopped the course, collected the books, removed those pages and re-distributed them to those in the class, at least one journalist, Nacho Catullo, kept his and took screenshots of the pages to post on Twitter:
Since it’s been a while since we had to read anything in Spanish beyond basics, here’s a translation courtesy of Deadspin:
WHAT TO DO TO HAVE A CHANCE WITH A RUSSIAN GIRL
1. Russian girls like any other girls pay close attention if you’re clean, you smell good and if you go well-dressed. The first impression is very important, they pay attention to your image.
2. Russian girls do not like to feel like objects. Many men, because the Russian women are beautiful, only want to take them to bed. Maybe they want it too, but they are people who want to feel important and unique. The advice is to treat the women who is in front of you with their own ideas and wishes. Pay attention to their values and personality. Don’t ask stupid questions about sex. For the Russians, sex is very private and not a topic to discuss in public. (Maybe you do not believe me, but I know that it is.)
3. Russian girls hate boring men. If you do not have topics to talk about, if you’re just thinking about what to say after, then you are not enjoying the moment as you will be disconnected from it. Remember, you are an immigrant/foreigner and you can speak to her about your country, how you live, or the interesting things that you can see in your country. Remember that it is very important to invite her to participate with your topics. Try to talk with her in a very honest way.
4. Don’t be negative.
The women avoid people that only see the negative things, in the work, in relationships, in life.
5. Do not ask the typical questions, be original, usually they like to know about you, so give them some information about you. Remember many of the girls will not know about your country, so you have an advantage over Russian men, you are new and different. Give her confidence in you.
6. Russian women like the men that take the initiative, if you do not have confidence in the same, then you will need to practice talking with more women.
7. Normally they do not like you to have a monopoly on the conversation. I see that problem in men who are very selfish or sometimes with men who get nervous talking to a pretty girl. In both cases it is necessary that you change your attitude, but for nervous guys, relax, it is only a girl, nothing more.
8. Do not try to impress the girl in the wrong way. Maybe you try to impress her by talking about the money you have, that you know everything, that you are perfect and the others are poor stupid people. In the end, if the girl has a little sense, she will bounce you. Be real and talk about you in real terms, talk about your faults in a fun way and about your positive points.
Normally Russian women pay attention to important things, but of course you will find girls who only pay attention to material things, in the money, if you are handsome, you tell me. Do not worry, there are many beautiful women in Russia and not all are good for you. Be selective.
Not sure about you, but it seems like Russian women are like most women we know. Who wants a smelly, boring man who treats you like an object?
The AFA has published an apology credited to Dr. Alejandro Taraborelli of the organization’s education department, saying the pages were “erroneously printed.”
“The Department of Education of the Argentine Football Association informs that after an internal investigation carried out regarding what happened yesterday on the day of Russian Language and Culture, it was concluded that part of the material delivered was erroneously printed. The teacher in charge of the course selected information to give to the assistants and, unfortunately at the moment of the printing of the same, due to an involuntary error, a text was included that was never part of the training. Warned by the administrative staff of the Department, they proceeded to withdraw it immediately. We regret that this mistake has overshadowed the importance of the day and the permanent educational activity provided by AFA, expressing our sincere apologies to those who were affected by the publication.”
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Actor stopped rooting for Knicks after losing free tix
• 2 surprises as NBA draft lottery results revealed
• MLB star hits most emotional home run of the season
• Nats’ Harper isn’t having any of this Yankees talk