Jordan Brand’s connection with Milan can be dated to 1986, the year the brand began manufacturing the Air Jordan 2 in the city, which jumpstarted its interest in fine Italian craftsmanship.
The athletic company deepens its attachment to the city with the latest iteration of the Air Jordan 1 Mid, dubbed “Milan.” The shoe features a pastel color palette as a reference to the city’s distinct spires and gothic architecture.
More from Footwear News
- Xbox Teases a New Collaboration With Jordan Brand
- How to Get the Sold Out 'Varsity Red' Air Jordan 1 High '85 After Its Release
- Eminem Performs in Air Jordan Sneakers for a Surprise Appearance at the 2020 Oscars
The upper makes use of a handful of textured leather panels including suede on the toe box and a woven fabric wrapping around the ankle collar. The shoe even comes with a premium hangtag that features the text ‘MLN’ printed in the center. Check out an official look below.
According to Jordan Brand, this latest Air Jordan 1 Mid “Milan” will be available during a pre-release on Feb. 19 exclusively at sneaker boutique One Block Down in Milan. A global launch will follow on Feb. 22. A retail price has yet to be revealed.
In related Jordan Brand news, the company is releasing a handful of sneakers for this weekend’s NBA All-Star Weekend taking place in Chicago, including bringing back the fan-favorite Air Jordan 1 in its original style.
The Off-White x Air Jordan 5 Is Inspired by Virgil Abloh’s First Pair of Jordans
Jordan Brand Pays Homage to the Windy City & Michael Jordan for the 2020 NBA All-Star Game
The Highly-Anticipated Air Jordan ‘New Beginnings’ Pack Is Releasing Soon
Best of Footwear News
- 11 Best Yeezy Sneakers That You Can Shop Now
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts