The team’s shoe, which is available online now via the brand’s France-based web store and the Team Vitality e-commerce platform, isn’t made for gaming performance. Instead, the team reimagined an AM4 Speedfactory shoe, creating the limited-edition VIT.01 silhouette.
More from Footwear News
- Adidas Will End Its High-Tech Speedfactory Operations in Germany and US in 2020
- Kylie Jenner's Laidback Fall Look Features Adidas Stan Smith Sneakers
- Another Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Colorway Is Expected to Arrive in Early 2020
The shoe is predominantly black and white with hits of yellow throughout. According to Team Vitality, the white geometric shapes on the upper symbolize the team’s bee and the yellow brush strokes forms the letter “v” for “victory” when the left and right shoes are brought together. the bold uppers sit atop plush Boost midsole cushioning. For logos, both the Team Vitality and Adidas logos are featured on each of the shoe’s tongues and the shoe’s name, VIT.01, is featured on the heel.
The Adidas x Team Vitality VIT.01 is available now for 160 euros (roughly $176.52).
The esports market is burgeoning and athletic brands are looking to capitalize. Other brands that ventured into esports include K-Swiss (worked with the Immortals team), Puma (linked up with the group Cloud9) and Nike (partnered with NBA 2K20 to create shoes for the game that gamers will have the opportunity to buy in real life). Aside from this release, Adidas Originals signed famed gamer Ninja in August.
Adidas Will End Its High-Tech Speedfactory Operations in Germany and US in 2020
Kylie Jenner’s Laidback Fall Look Features Adidas Stan Smith Sneakers
Why Adidas’ Footwear Sales Slowed Down — And What Its CEO Says Happened With Yeezy
Best of Footwear News
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court
- 17 Best Basketball Sneakers of All-Time