When it comes to kid’s Halloween costumes, most parents choose from a variety of basic options like Disney princesses, Marvel superheroes, common animals, or popular animated characters. And yes, Baby Shark makes that list. For parents who opt to craft their child’s costume in lieu of purchasing one from their local costume store, the sky’s the limit. It’s challenging to step out of the box if your child desperately wants to be a genie or what-have-you. But when they’re really young, the choice is totally (and sneakily!) in your hands. I mean, your kid is too young to watch The Office or know who Dwight Schrute is. But, if you’ve always wanted a mini human stapler, now’s your chance!
Seriously, though, random get-ups can be adorable if you do it right. Plus, you’ll get plenty of compliments from parents and trick-or-treaters who’ve never seen anything like your creation before. Still, there’s a very real possibility that someone will ask: “What is your kid supposed to be?” In this case, you’ll already have an elevator pitch of who, what, and why you chose to dress your kids as AirPods instead of going the traditional route. Some onlookers might judge, some might “awww,” and others might quizzically stare at your children like they’re newborns straight out of the womb — cute but alien-like. If you’re still not convinced yet, the creative costumes below might entice you to plan your costumes a little bit differently next year.
More from SheKnows
- Your Favorite Celebrities in Their 2019 Halloween Costumes
- Kelly Clarkson's Sultry Hocus Pocus Performance Was One of Halloween's Best Treats
- Heidi Klum's 2019 Halloween Costume Transformation Is Mind-Blowing -- But, Like, What Is It?
— JESSI CRUICKSHANK (@JESSI) October 31, 2019
— Give Me Internet (@GiveMeInternet) November 1, 2019
Best of SheKnows
- Bye, 'Gran' — These Grandparent Nicknames Are Anything But Boring
- The Easiest Ways to Keep Your Kids Safe Online — & Put Your Panicked Mind at Ease
- Meet 7 Real Families Living Their Best #VanLife — With Kids