Ashley Jacobs first appeared on season five of Southern Charm as Thomas Ravenel's new girlfriend. But now, Ravenel says he is leaving the show amid sexual assault allegations against him.
“I’m not doing the show anymore,” he tweeted from a private account, according to People. “In the contract they have the right to fictionalize your story. They took advantage of me. I decided I’ve got too much to lose and informed them I’m not coming back.”
Ravenel denies the allegations against him, and at this point, it's unclear at this point if Jacobs will return to the show. Here are a few other things to know about the 33-year-old:
1. Jacobs was born in Los Angeles, California and grew up between there and Santa Barbara.
2. Her father died when she was just 13 years old, and it had a big impact on the path she chose to take in life.
At 16, Jacobs decided to become a nurse. "She wanted to be what one of those nurses were to her the day her father died," Jacobs's press representative, Patricia Maristch, told Town & Country. She finished nursing school in the spring of 2008 and was hired by Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital later that summer. There, she cared for terminally ill patients along with patients with spinal chord and traumatic brain injuries.
3. In 2014, she transitioned to home healthcare.
She started working for a home health agency that specialized in hospice care.
4. She and Ravenel met at a bar in Santa Barbara on Cinco de Mayo in May 2017.
"Ashley had only seen a few episodes of the show, which she discovered because one of her patients was watching the show and one of her best friends is a big fan," Maristch said. "When Ashley was at the bar and saw him she knew she had to get a picture with him to send to her friend, and she also felt bad because he was by himself. She invited him over to her table with her friends, and the rest is history."
5. She moved to Charleston about three months after she and Ravenel started dating.
Ravenel said, "Why not work in Charleston, you’re an RN and can work anywhere," Maristch said. Jacobs thought, "What do I have to lose?" She moved to the Holy City on August 4, 2107, Maristch said.
6. She now works for a home care agency in Charleston, where she looks after patients with terminal illnesses.
Jacobs transferred her nursing license from California and received her permanent license to work in South Carolina in early May.
7. She's a big sports fan.
8. Fellow cast member Cameron Eubanks thinks she and Ravenel are in it for the long haul.
"I think she might be. She moved across the country for him, so I think she might be the one," Eubanks told People. "She’s all in."
('You Might Also Like',)