Decorating your baby’s nursery doesn’t have to include “forever” picks — a few years from now, your kiddo won’t care about the cutesy decor. So how can you create a newborn-friendly nursery without committing to a style that your little one will outgrow in a blink? With area rug awesomeness! Check out these nursery-perfect area rugs. And bonus: You can swap them out for new ones as your child grows and develops his or her own tastes.
1. Crate & Kids Cloud Rug ($299+): This hand tufted rug is ideal for a neutral nursery. The grey and white cloud design is simple, sweet, and matches almost any color palette.
2. Pottery Barn Kids Kaleidoscope Round Rug ($199): Add a splash of color to your baby’s room with this rainbow rug. Made from 100 percent wool, this soft accent piece is perfect for your baby’s tummy-time playdates.
3. Habudda ABC Alphabet Rug ($60): Even though your newborn still has plenty of time until they can read, this alphabet area rug gets them off to a good start. And it’s super cute too.
4. Momeni Jungle Area Rug ($189): Bring on the animal awesomeness! The bold, colorful design will stand out in the room’s overall design without overpowering the rest of the decor.
5. Pillowfort Dot Accent Rug ($55): A plush polka dot print rug adds just the right amount of pattern to your baby’s room. Forget about sensory overload: These dots will keep your kiddo’s eyes busy without adding an unnecessary distraction.
6. RH Baby & Child Hedgehog Handmade Wool Felt Rug ($169): Hedgehogs might have spiky spines in real life, but this rug is far from rough and tough. The adorable animal design is a sweet addition to any nursery.
7. Friends Handicraft Children’s Elk Felt Rug ($70): This handmade rug doubles as a playmat for your older infant or toddler. Create a woodsy feel in your kiddo’s nursery with this elk area accent.
8. Pehr Peek-A-Boo Rug ($288): Get a giggle and give a giggle with this smiley sweet rug. The neutral colors give you plenty of options, and your baby can grow with this rug, using it as a play space when they move into the toddler years.
Share your nursery style and tweet us a pic at @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.