We love roast turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes, but our favorite part of Thanksgiving is definitely dessert. Whether it's classic pumpkin pie or something more unexpected (like mini banoffee cobblers), there's no sweeter way to end the fall holiday than with a homemade treat. Here, 80 Thanksgiving dessert recipes that will satisfy every one of your guests—even those at the picky kids' table.
1. Easy Cranberry-Pecan Sandwich Cookies
The homemade cranberry filling might sound like a lot of work, but it’s actually quite simple. (Oh, and it'll make your home smell like a holiday wonderland.)
2. Cinnamon Sheet Cake with Cider Frosting
3. Sticky Toffee Honeycomb Cake
4. Ginger Cherry Pie
5. Apple Tart with Soft-Pretzel Crust
Sure, you could put together a traditional apple pie that would likely taste delicious. Or could go the extra mile and make this pretzel-crusted version, then wait for the oohs and ahhs.
6. Rosé Poached Pears with Ginger and Vanilla
7. Pumpkin Spice Pecan Rolls
8. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
9. Miniature Banoffee Cobblers
You can thank the Brits for this delectable treat, which is like banana pudding on steroids. Gooey caramel, soft whipped cream and crisp graham cracker crumbs—sign us up.
10. Vegan and Gluten-Free Apple Blackberry Crumble Tart
You don’t eat pumpkin pie, dairy or gluten, so what’s for dessert? Aran Goyoaga’s delightfully easy and delicious tart, is what.
11. Maple Baked Pears
Does it count as dessert if it takes only 35 minutes to make? Absolutely.
12. Brown-Sugar Pear Puff Pastries
Don’t be upset if your guests think you picked these up at the fancy bakery down the street. It’s a compliment.
13. Gluten-Free Apple Rose Tart
A layer of pastry cream hides beneath those pretty apple roses, which are easier to pull off than they look.
14. Pecan Brittle Bark Cookies
We couldn’t possibly pick between pie and cookies, so we’re making these hybrids instead.
15. Pecan Pie Scones
Need proof that scones aren’t just a breakfast treat? This dough is basically pie crust.
16. Eggnog Snickerdoodles
Best served with a side of eggnog to dunk them in, of course.
17. Mini Carmel Pecan Pies with Cinnamon Roll Pie Crust
You start with a store-bought, refrigerated pie crust and doctor it up with lots of cinnamon. Trust us: No one will suspect a thing.
18. Chai Pumpkin Cake with Maple Browned Butter Frosting
Our motto at Thanksgiving? Go big or go home, hence this jaw-dropping confection.
19. Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Stefani Pollack’s easy bundt cake has a few secret ingredients to set it apart, including rum and maple syrup. And while she recommends her apple butter caramel icing, you could also top it with cream cheese frosting (hint, hint).
20. Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Meringue
If you’re looking for a dessert that doubles as a stunning centerpiece, Gaby Dalkin has you covered. It has the same spicy flavors as pumpkin pie, minus the mushy filling and inevitably soggy crust.
21. Skillet Caramel Apple Crisp
If simplicity is more your style, you can’t go wrong with a skillet dessert. We hope you saved room after all that turkey.
22. Caramelized Butternut Squash Upside-Down Cake
The caramel coats this cake almost like a glaze, so it doesn’t need any accompaniment…but if you want to gild the lily, a drizzle of cold heavy cream just before serving would do.
23. Mini Cranberry Potpies
You get a pie! You get a pie! Everybody gets a pie!
24. Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
Not to brag or anything, but that sweet-and-savory glaze speaks for itself.
25. Sweet Potato Sugar Cookies with Marshmallow Topping
We’ll take these over mini mallow-topped casserole any day.
26. Giant Brown-Sugar Snickerdoodle Cookies
Extra brown sugar = crackly, chewy, caramelized bliss.
27. Mini Mason Jar Apple Pies
The whole mason jar deal is so much cuter than the a regular old pie dish. (Plus, just *look* at those teeny-tiny crimped crusts.)
28. Creamy Pumpkin Eton Mess
This creamy number stars homemade meringue cookies, but it'll be our little secret if you go with store-bought instead.
29. Apple-Cider Doughnut Holes
Warning: These fall favorites will disappear in five seconds flat.
30. Spiced Palmiers
Making puff pastry from scratch takes a little patience, but the payoff? Totally worth it.
31. Cinnamon Meringue Pie
Fun fact: The custard is thickened with flour instead of eggs, so it's basically impossible for the surface to crack. But you'll be covering it in homemade meringue anyway.
32. Candy Corn Surprise Cake
Psst: We have plans for all that leftover Halloween candy corn in your pantry. The kids' table will be thrilled.
33. Carrot Cake Doughnuts with Cream Cheese Glaze
Just the pairing for post-feast coffee. (Might we suggest Crockpot spiked cinnamon lattes?)
34. Roasted Apple Pavlova with Honey Whipped Cream
Not only is it gluten-free, but you and your guests can also dig in together with spoons—no plates required. Bye, dirty dishes.
35. Apple Upside-Down Cake
Apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon cake batter—what's the worst that can happen? (Besides you eating the whole darn thing before your guests arrive.)
36. Caramel Coconut Macaroons
Not indulgent enough for you? Dip the bottoms in chocolate.
37. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
Cinnamon streusel falls somewhere between ankle booties and crunchy leaves on our list of favorite fall things.
38. Fig Tarte Tatin
Can you believe this chic French beauty takes less than an hour to make? Très easy.
39. The World’s Biggest Peanut Butter Cup
It blows the ones your kids collected while trick-or-treating wayyyyy out of the water.
40. Mini No-Bake Gingersnap Icebox Cakes
You so don't need to wait for Christmas to put gingersnaps on the table.
41. Caramel Almond Cake
Because fussy, fancy icing isn't required to make a bakery-quality dessert. Slivered almonds and sugar have it covered.
42. Giant Cinnamon Roll
You call it Thanksgiving dessert. We call it Black Friday brunch.
43. Cardamom Crème Brûlée
This dessert was all the rage in the '90s. Fragrant, whole cardamom pods give it a modern update.
44. Apple-Cider Pear Spelt Cake
For that one aunt of yours who's always on a new diet. P.S.: Spelt is a nutrient-rich variety of wheat that offers nutty, wholesome flavor to the cake.
45. No-Bake Mini Mason Jar Spiced Cheesecakes
We love cheesecake. The baking? Not so much. Enter this no-bake cinnamon cheesecake, complete with red currant jelly and gingersnap crumbles.
46. Snickerdoodle Chocolate-Chunk Bundt Cake
'Tis the season for all things apple, pumpkin and cranberry. But there's always room on our table for chocolate.
47. Maple-Pecan Icebox Cookies
Ready for a hosting hack? Make the dough a few days ahead so you can just slice and bake on Thanksgiving.
48. Sweet Potato Pots de Crème with Toasted Marshmallow
This sweet spud can do way more than side dishes.
49. Caramel-Stuffed Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
A little dusting of powdered sugar goes a long way in the presentation department.
50. Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon-Roll Crust
Trade regular pie dough for impressively swirly cinnamon roll pie crust.
51. Mini Apple Tarts
Want to know the secret behind these itty-bitty sweets? They're baked in mason jar lids.
52. Cardamom Cream-Filled Bundt Cake
Inspired by the Swedish dessert semlor, this cake is light as clouds and super elegant.
53. Apple Cinnamon Spice Whoopie Pies
There's apple cider in both the cake and spiced buttercream.
54. Cranberry Crumble Pie Bars
Cinnamon bars + cranberry filling + orange icing > whatever you were planning on buying at the grocery store.
55. Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Maple buttercream and candied bacon are just the match for buttermilk-bacon fat cupcakes.
56. Caramel Pumpkin Lava Cake
Instead of oozing molten chocolate, this stunner's full of smooth, luxurious caramel.
57. Spiced Cranberry Pear Hand Pies
Wash these down with slow-cooker spiked cinnamon lattes after dinner.
58. Pecan Pie Maple Shortbread Bars
Two holiday classics united in buttery, flaky harmony.
59. Buttermilk Sweet Potato Pie
This chess pie-inspired dish thickened with cornmeal will make you forget all about pumpkin.
60. Pumpkin Bark
Peppered to perfection with dried cranberries, pepitas and almonds.
61. Spiced Pecan Apple Cider Doughnut Cake
Baking it in an autumnal bundt pan is the ultimate pièce de rèsistance.
62. Apple Cheddar Pie
In case you're wondering why some Americans swear by combining cheese and apple pie.
63. Maple Pecan Blondies
These are vegan, gluten-free and ridiculously soft and chewy, thanks to white beans.
64. Caramel Apple Marshmallows
Just the topper for a batch of warm, homemade apple cider. (They're easier to make than you think, promise.)
65. Pumpkin Chocolate Tarts with Pepita Crust
And the award for best-dressed fall dessert goes to...
66. Hasselback Apples
Skip the pie crust and homemade whip. All you really need are soft, sugary roasted apples and your favorite store-bought vanilla ice cream.
67. Pumpkin Cookie Dough Pops
You should probably cut the kids off at one pop each. Good thing you're one of the grown-ups.
68. Apple Pie Sundaes
Caramelized apples and cinnamon-sugared nuts meet vanilla-coconut ice cream. And it'll only take you 25 minutes to make.
69. One-Bowl Vegan Pumpkin Roll
Aquafaba, banana and pumpkin purée make this classic beyond moist.
70. The Best Vegan Apple Crisp
You'll want to put the pecan-oat topping on every fall dish you ever make.
71. Cranberry-Orange Pie
Pumpkin, shmumpkin. This holiday, we're putting the bounty of citrus season front and center.
72. Orange and Chocolate Brioche Tarts
Why serve classic apple pie when you can impress your family with these inventive (and beautiful) tarts?
73. Gingerbread Lattice Cookies
These delicious gingerbread cookies look just like little pie tops. (Bonus: No cookie cutters required.)
74. Aran Goyoaga’s Spiced Sweet Potato Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
75. No-Cook Pumpkin Spice Tiramisu
Since your oven is already packed with sides and a roast bird, why not make a dessert that doesn't require any baking? Case in point: pumpkin spice tiramisu spiked with bourbon, pumpkin purée and fresh coffee.
76. Brown Sugar Shao Bing
77. Espresso Streusel Coffee Cake
Bury us in espresso-dusted, brown sugar-cinnamon crumb topping. The cake is guaranteed to turn out impossibly moist, thanks to sour cream in the batter.
78. Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
79. Apple Cider Caramel Poke Cake with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
80. Chocolate and Salted Peanut Crepe Cake
When in doubt, chocolate is always a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. These pillowy crepes taste *exactly* like the leftover cereal milk from a bowl of Cocoa Krispies, so they're bound to delight everyone.
For even more great recipes, check out our first cookbook, Only the Good Stuff.