We've all heard the lottery horror stories about winners who had it all and lost it. From bankruptcy and jail time to murder and suicide, many lottery winners seem to be cursed with bad luck - or maybe just bad judgment.
Fortunately, a sunnier side to lottery stories exists. Some winners have done great things with their winnings, and others have wisely chosen to employ experts to help them manage the lump of cash they lucked into. Below are seven lottery stories that prove winning the lottery can be a blessing, not a curse!
- Allen and Violet Large Donated All Their Winnings
- Colin and Christine Weir Gave to Their Community and Children in Need
- Jim and Carolyn McCullar Planned For Future Generations
- Louise White Hired Legal Help and Established a Trust
- Les Robins Founded a Day Camp For Children
- Jim Dancy Gave It All Away
- Ed Nabors Went Fishing