It’s no secret that the majority of us are not blessed with the vocal cords of Lady Gaga or Adele. But that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy belting out our favorite songs in the shower or singing karaoke with friends and family.
And because we know we aren’t doing ourselves—or the rest of the room—any favors by choosing the most difficult songs from the setlist (Whitney Houston’s rendition of ‘I Will Always Love You’ should never, ever be attempted), we decided to come up with a list of jams that are fun to sing and practically impossible to mess up. Keep reading for 60 easy karaoke songs to queue up at your next get together.
1. ‘I Will Survive’ by Gloria Gaynor
Five seconds into this song and everyone will recognize what’s about to go down. And what better way to kick things off than with a group sing-along?
2. ‘My Own Worst Enemy’ by Pink
If you’re dealing with some pent up rage that you’d like to get rid of then this tune is a great choice (just watch the video to understand what we mean).
3. ‘heard it through the grapevine’ by marvin gaye
Do you typically feel super uncomfortable on stage and dread the idea of a karaoke night? Have someone else sing the lead and you just take the occasional “honey, honey” in the background.
4. ‘Wannabe’ by the Spice Girls
You really don’t need a group of friends to join you on this one (unless, you want to, of course) because this Spice Girls hit sounds just as good solo.
5. ‘Good As Hell’ by Lizzo
If you’re going sing a Lizzo song, you better bring confidence and some attitude. Actually, make sure to bring a lot of attitude.
6. ‘All i want for Christmas is You’ by Mariah Carey
Even if it’s not technically the holiday season, “All I Want for Christmas Is You” is still a popular—and fun—song to sing during any party or get together. (But it's especially cheerful to belt out during the colder months.)
7. ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Queen
This classic tune gets a little fast around the three minute mark, but we have faith that you can handle it. (And remember, when in doubt—just throw the microphone out to the crowd for a group sing-along.)
8. ‘I want you back’ by The Jackson Five
A little choreographed dance will make this performance one of the (if not the) most memorable of the entire night.
9. ‘Hit me baby one more time’ by Britney Spears
Braided pigtails are totally optional. But killer dance moves (including hair flips) are a must.
10. ‘Don’t go Breaking my heart’ by Elton John and Kiki Dee
Looking to do a duet? We’ve got you covered. Or should we say, Elton and Kiki have got you covered? Just don’t forget the snazzy shades.
11. ‘Bye Bye Bye’ by NSYNC
Show us someone who is unhappy to listen to NSYNC. We dare you.
12. ‘Girls Just want to have fun’ by Cindi Lauper
It’s possible probable that the boys will enjoy singing this tune just as much as the girls in the room.
13. ‘Man! I feel like a woman’ by Shania Twain
“Let’s go girls.” Need we say more?
14. ‘Mr. Brightside’ by the Killers
There’s just something about “Mr. Brightside” that makes any crowd go wild. Especially if you turn the volume up all the way.
15. ‘Party in the USA’ by Miley Cyrus
New Miley is cool, but there’s nothing quite like 2009 Miley rocking out to a patriotic anthem.
16. ‘Sweet Caroline’ by neil diamond
Better start practicing chanting “so good” with your first in the air. Then repeating it over and over and over...
17. ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ by Guns ‘N Roses
Why not kick things off with the air guitar for the full effect? (No practice necessary.)
18. ‘Drops of Jupiter’ by Train
Everyone’s arms will be placed around one another before the end of the set, you can bet on that.
19. ‘Wagon Wheel’ by Darius Rucker
Choose something nice and slow so that you don’t have to worry about reading fast and keeping up with the lyrics. This sweet tune fits the bill nicely.
20. ’Mambo No. 5’ By lou bega
Might we suggest switching the names in the song for the names of your pals? Just to change things up a bit.
21. ‘Let It Go’ from Frozen
What’s karaoke without at least one Disney song? And Frozen is obviously our first choice.
22. ‘Bleeding Love’ by Leona Lewis
Ideal for anyone looking to belt their heart out or make heart shapes with their hands to the crowd.
23. ‘If I Ain’t Got You’ by Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys may have killer vocals, but this one is surprisingly easy to sing. Don’t worry, we won’t tell.
24. ‘Walking on Sunshine’ by Katrina and the Waves
What makes this tune such a great choice for karaoke night? All of the instrumental interludes provide the perfect time to rest your vocal chords and dance around the stage.
25. ‘Before He Cheats’ by Carrie Underwood
It may be ultimate break-up anthem, but Carrie Underwood rocks on any and every occasion.
26. ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’ by Bon Jovi
Hopefully your microphone is portable because we’ve noticed this one can get pretty intense. If not, a light mic stand will do.
27. ‘I Want It That Way’ by the Backstreet Boys
NSYNC or Backstreet Boys? We will never pick a side. (OK, fine—BSB forever.)
28. ‘Sk8ter Boi’ by Avril Lavigne
Is it just us, or are the 90s a total goldmine for killer karaoke tunes? For this one, baggy pants and dark eyeliner encouraged but not required. And you may want to consider investing in a skateboard or a sideways hat to really help you channel your inner teenage angst.
29. ‘Hakuna Matata’ from The Lion King
We told you there’d be more than one Disney song. Either the original or the latest version (featuring Seth Rogan, Donald Glover and Billy Eichner) will do.
30. ‘Thank You for Being a Friend’ by Andrew Gold
Obviously we needed to include the Golden Girls theme song—especially since there’s a reboot on the way.
31. ‘(Sittin‘ On) The Dock of the Bay’ by Otis Redding
Accompany your strong vocals with some snapping of your fingers and slight swaying of your hips. The audience will follow.
32. ‘Time of Your Life’ by Green day
“Boulevard of Broken Dreams” also works too. No matter which Green Day song you choose, lighters will be held high in the air.
33. ‘Jolene’ by Dolly Parton
Might we also recommend giving the popular Miley Cyrus (who happens to be Parton’s goddaughter) version a shot?
34. ‘Goodbye Earl’ by Dixie Chicks
It really doesn’t get better than this 90s sing-along.
35. ‘I Love Rock 'N Roll’ by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
For the rock n’ roll lovers in the room, this one is a no-brainer. Sorry, we had to.
36. ‘It’s All Coming Back to Me Now’ by Celine Dion
“It’s All Coming Back to Me” will turn into a group sing as soon as the first chorus hits because Dion just has that effect on people. To be honest, a number of tunes by the best-selling singer and total fashion icon would be great for karaoke but we're partial to this excellent power ballad.
37. ‘Shallow’ by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
Do we even need to explain why this one made it on the list?
38. ‘Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
Pretty much any Journey song works for karaoke, but this one is hands down the easiest. It’s also the one that’s most likely to get the party started.
39. ‘Thank You, Next’ by Ariana Grande
You probably already know the words considering how often it’s been played. Aka, you won’t even have to lay eyes on the screen to read the lyrics.
40. ‘Waterloo’ by ABBA
There's a ton of ABBA songs to choose from for your inevitable encore, including “Dancing Queen,” “Take a Chance on Me” and “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!”
41. ‘Uptown Girl’ by Billy Joel
Thirty-seven years later (we can’t believe it either) and this song still does not get old.
42. ‘Build Me Up Buttercup’ by The Foundations
In our opinion, this cheery tune is the only one that’s acceptable to play over and over again without becoming incredibly annoying.
43. ‘Should I Stay or Should I Go’ by The Clash
You definitely don’t need a ton of vocal range for this one, making this one you’re forever go-to option.
44. ‘A Thousand Miles’ by Vanessa Carlton
If you’re lucky, someone in the room might even know how to play it on the piano. Or if you happen to have some spare time on your hands, learn it yourself to really impress your friends and fam.
45. ‘All the Small Things’ by Blink 182
Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, na, na. Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, na, na. That’s it. That’s the caption.
46. ‘Say My Name’ by Destiny’s Child
Grab two of your best friends and try not to fight too much over who gets to be Beyoncé. Spoiler alert: It’s obviously you.
47. ‘Fergalicious’ by Fergie
Nail this one and we guarantee everyone will be calling you ‘Stacy’ the rest of the night. Also, make sure you know how to spell “Fergalicious.”
48. ‘Someone Like You’ by Adele
The louder you sing, the better you’ll sound. At least, that’s what we’re telling ourselves.
49. ‘Bad Romance’ by Lady Gaga
Honestly, there are endless Gaga options for karaoke, but this one is pretty hard to beat. “Telephone” is a close second.
50. ‘I Wanna Dance with Somebody’ by Whitney Houston
This one’s so much easier than “I Will Always Love You,” plus will get everyone in the best mood. Want an encore that will really get people up on their feet? Queue up yet another Whitney classic, “How Will I Know.”
51. ‘Genie in a Bottle’ by Christina Aguilera
Definitely the easiest of all of Aguilera’s hits, “Genie in a Bottle” is a jam recognized by majority of age groups.
52. ‘Valerie’ by Amy Winehouse
From our own personal experience, the rest of the crowd will likely join in on the chorus to help you out.
53. ‘Hold On’ by Wilson Phillips
If you’re hoping to go for more of a Bridesmaids vibe, anything Wilson Phillips will get you where you need to be.
54. ‘Jenny from the Block’ by Jennifer Lopez
Come on, you didn’t really think that we were going to skip J.Lo in this list, did you? Other solid choices include “Let’s Get Loud” and Love Don’t Cost a Thing.”
55. ‘Hollaback Girl’ by Gwen Stefani
As long as you know how to spell “banana” then you’ll knock this one out of the park. Oh, and be sure to use the clean version if there are any kids in the room.
56. ‘Africa’ by Toto
We can’t forget about this classic, which is guaranteed to be sung by at least three people in attendance.
57. ‘Stacy’s Mom’ by Fountains of Wayne
“Stacy’s Mom” is always someone’s go-to and we can totally see why.
58. 'Never Gonna Give You Up' by Rick Astley
Be prepared for it to be stuck in your head for the next 24 hours.
59. ‘It’s Raining Men’ by The Weather Girls
A big portion of the song is just talking, so even the most amateur karaokier (like us) can go for it.
60. ‘Don’t Worry, Be Happy’ by Bobby McFerrin
Guaranteed to brighten anyone and everyone’s mood, Bobby McFerrin is a solid way to end the night.