This morning, Maria Grazia Chiuri presented her second ready-to-wear collection as creative director at Dior. Taking place at Paris's Musée Rodin, see what you missed from the Fall 2017 show-from Rihanna to Kate Moss and Bianca Jagger to a new feminist message.
1) The navy color palette was inspired by a quote from Christian Dior himself. Maria Grazia Chiuri took note from Mr. Dior's quote inThe Little Dictionary of Fashion, "Among all the colors, navy blue is the only one which can ever compete with black." Not only were many of the looks done in a navy color palette, the runway was also lit up in dark blue lights.
2) Rihanna sat front row wearing a leather beret phresh off the runway. Models in the show wore the same leather berets, giving the classic French accessory a cool edge.
3) Also notably in attendance at the show? Icons Kate Moss and Bianca Jagger, who posed for a picture together backstage.
During the show, Kate the Great sat next to Sienna Miller in the front row.
4) Replacing last season's "We Should All Be Feminists" tee were white bandanas left on every attendee's seats. The bandanas read a quote from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, "Feminist: A person who believes in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes." They were a part of the Business of Fashion's #TiedTogether Fashion Week campaign.
5) Karlie Kloss attended wearing a new Dior feminist t-shirt. The model's black tee read, "The future is in our hands."
6) Logomania came down a slight notch. Last season's runway was filled with Dior logos on straps, waistbands, bags and more. For Fall 2017, the Dior logo was still present but a little more subtle like in the detailing of a coat or the dainty charm of a choker.
You Might Also Like