We all know someone who loves to dress for the colder months and, well, I am one of them. Coats are my jam, and the more layers I get to wear, the happier I feel. Each year, I get giddy at the idea of getting all my favorite knitwear pieces out of storage and incredibly getting excited at all the new outfits possibilities that are opening up to me. Of course, sweaters are a key Fall/Winter closet staple - after all, they don't call it sweater weather for nothing! - and this season's trends are better than ever.
Among the usual crew necks and turtlenecks that pop up every season without fail, you'll find puffy-sleeved options for when you want your outfit to have that extra je ne sais quoi, sequined pieces that will put party tops to shame, and colors so bright you might end up competing with the Christmas lights. Ahead, get a closer look at the six sweater trends of the season, and shop some of our favorite pieces for yourself. Honestly, they're all so good they'll make the classic jeans and a sweater combination look way cooler than the last time you tried it.
- Fall/Winter 2019 Sweater Trend: Ribbed Sweater Dresses
- Fall/Winter 2019 Sweater Trend: Puff Sleeves
- Fall/Winter 2019 Sweater Trend: Chunky Necks
- Fall/Winter 2019 Sweater Trend: Jewel Tones
- Fall/Winter 2019 Sweater Trend: Fuzzy Sweaters
- Fall/Winter 2019 Sweater Trend: Sequins