It's hard enough to express your feelings IRL, but now, you've gotta do it on social media too. Why? Because Valentine's Day.
Whether or not you're celebrating with a special someone, this holiday brings up all kinds of unexpected emotions. Keep that in mind as you craft the perfect Instagram caption to go along with your V-Day post. You want people to like what you post, not roll their eyes at a cliché and keep scrolling. Let these suggestions inspire you, whether you're posting your love for your galentine's squad, hoarding chocolate, wow'ing everyone with your #couplegoals, or are just generally thrilled about all things pink and heart-shaped.
(Valentine's Day haters, I see you, but I actually have one super serious request: Please don't post "Happy Anna Howard Shaw Day," á la that one episode of 30 Rock. Liz Lemon pointed out that Shaw was born on February 14 and fought for some women's rights—but like many suffragettes, she actively fought against rights for people of color in this country. So let's uhhh not.)
Here's a legit list of Valentine's Day Instagram captions below. Hopefully, these will decrease even the tiniest bit of your V-Day stress, so you can live (laugh) and love to the fullest!
Puns That Throw It Back To Elementary School
- I like you bear-y much!
- Owl always love you.
- My tweetheart!
- A whole latte love.
- Don't go bacon my heart!
Your Office Party
- Having a heart-to-heart with the coworkers!
- This meeting absolutely should NOT have been an email.
- Get you a Party Planning Committee that can do both.
- When the conference room's rocking...
- We're all taking these flowers home, right?
The Couple Selfie
- Look at us. Hey. Look at us. Who woulda thought? Not me!
- If this were Love Island, I'd couple up with him every week.
- Cheers to my partner in crime.
- I love our love.
- Date Night (2010) dir. Shawn Levy
- Who sent me these?????
- Merci bouquet
- What in carnation!
- Love is blossoming at my desk today...
- Gather ye rosebuds
- "I wish I knew how to quit you" — Annie Proulx
- "If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more" — Jane Austen
- "We are asleep until we fall in love" — Leo Tolstoy
- "Even if your heart is broken and attacking you, you're still not better off without it" — Rainbow Rowell
- "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same" — Emily Brontë
- Feeling Valentine's, may delete later.
- Kiss me, I'm
Irish Italian Desperateit doesn't matter!
- V-Day ain't over yet ;)
- Heading out for Valentine's Day, haha, unless...?
- Looking for some heart eyes.
Those Hand-Holding Pics
- Where you lead, I will follow.
- Always along for the ride.
- I'll never let go.
- Dragged around but never a drag.
- Run away with me.
- You're my favorite blanket stealer!
- Love your stupid face.
- Am I doing this Valentine's thing right?
- Getting ready took FOREVER but we clean up nice :)
- Here to report that the whole V-Day thing is still awkward, ten years later LOL!
Single & Loving It
- Ovaries before brovaries <3
- I may be single, but I ain't cynical.
- Lonely Hearts Club? I LOVE that band!!
- Just me, myself, and wine tonight.
- Happy Friday!
Single & Over It
- Happy Valentine's Day, no one!
- Please like this post, I need the validation today.
- Oh, is today a holiday or something?
- “Sometimes I believe that some people are better at love than others, and sometimes I believe that everyone is faking it” — Nora Ephron
- Roses are dead, just like my heart.
No Tricks, Just Treats
- Just here for the frosting.
- Pink's my favorite flavor.
- Accepting any and all chocolate donations, please inquire within.
- I'm 'bought to have a conversation with THESE hearts.
- You like my discount candy? Gee, thanks, just bought it.
You Might Also Like