The sun is out, the grill is sizzling and the farmers market is overflowing with gorgeous produce. Yep, summer is in full swing, and with all those seasonal fruits and vegetables at your disposal, it’s never been easier to eat healthily (or as we like to call it, “save room for dessert”). From low-carb zucchini enchiladas to the easiest scallops ever, here are 55 healthy summer recipes to make from now until Labor Day.
1. Low-Carb Zucchini Enchiladas
You have a bumper crop of summer squash, you say? We know exactly where to use it: in place of tortillas for enchiladas that are light on carbs but not on flavor.
2. Flank Steak Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
The garlicky, chili-rubbed steak has met its match in cool, crunchy cucumber salsa.
3. Melon Salad with Chili Powder, Mint, Lime and Flaky Sea Salt
A ripe summer melon is pretty delicious on its own, but a little chili powder and citrus will turn it into a knockout side dish.
4. Green Beans with Garlicky Pistachio Vinaigrette
Green beans are usually served hot (and, well, mushy), but one bite of this crunchy, refreshing salad and you’ll never want to eat them another way.
5. Tomato-Poached Cod with Fresh Herbs
You get bonus points if you swap the canned tomatoes for fresh ones. (Oh, yours are homegrown and heirloom? So fancy.)
6. Black Fig and Tomato Salad
When made with peak ingredients, this simple salad is impossible to mess up.
7. Minty-Fresh Zucchini Salad with Marinated Feta
We never thought to serve zucchini raw, then this herbaceous dish came along. Don’t even get us started on the feta.
8. Corn and Tomato Salad with Feta and Lime
This salad has all the right flavors: sweet, tangy, sour and salt. It might be our favorite way to eat summer corn—after on the cob, of course.
9. Piri Piri Chicken
This spicy chicken is named for the southeast African piri piri pepper. If you can find them near you, kudos; if not, use another fruity, mild red chile instead.
10. Yellow Tomato Gazpacho
We would make a special trip to the farmers market just to make this chilled soup. It’s worth seeking out yellow tomatoes, which are less acidic and complemented by sweet, ripe peaches.
11. Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
Choose your own adventure: Any seasonal vegetables will work here, as long as they’re cut into similarly sized bites.
12. Turmeric White Fish with Peanuts and Chili-Lime Cucumber
Nothing against salmon, but it’s nice to switch up your fish dish from time to time. This one will work with any firm white fish, and is ready in under an hour.
13. Cast-Iron Pork Chops with Cacao-Spiced Rub
Did you know you can cook with your trusty cast-iron skillet on the grill? (Sure, you could also just grill the chop, but we like the full-contact sear of a skillet.)
14. Light and Tangy Coleslaw
We laugh in the face of mayonnaise.
15. Julia Turshen’s Stewed Chickpeas with Peppers and Zucchini
Adapt this nutritious meal to whatever vegetables you have in the fridge (or growing in your garden).
16. Roasted Salmon Tacos
The grilled pineapple salsa and (vegan!) cashew-lime crema are *chef’s kiss.*
17. Grilled Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
In our humble opinion, lettuce wraps don’t get enough love. Sure, they’re healthier than a tortilla, but we just love ’em for the crisp texture and contrast to the filling.
18. Seasoned Steamed Eggplant
Behold silky, tender eggplant doused in a vinegar-soy sauce.
19. Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Chickpeas and Yogurt Sauce
Psst: You can grilled the sweet potato wedges too—in fact, we highly recommend it.
20. Pan-Seared Scallops with Citrusy Corn Succotash
Not only are scallops healthy (with about 100 calories in a three-ounce serving), they’re also so quick and easy to cook.
21. 20-Minute Burrata Salad with Stone Fruit and Asparagus
You can have your burrata and eat it too; just pair it with a mound of green veggies and stone fruit instead of a charcuterie board.
22. One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
No one wants to heat up the kitchen on a hot, muggy night. Lucky for you, this one-pot miracle is ready in 20 minutes.
23. Zoodles with Summer Vegetables
Found: What you should make with your most recent farmers market haul. It takes 25 minutes and tastes like summer on a plate.
24. Zucchini Noodle Pad See Ew
To switch up your zoodle game, try this healthy update on a takeout fave. The zucchini is peeled into flat strips instead of skinny noodles, and the savory sauce is mouthwateringly good.
25. Shaved Moroccan Carrot Toast
One too many avocado toasts has us craving something new. Enter carrot toast. (It’s ready in ten minutes, folks.)
26. Bruschetta Chicken
Our preferred summer dinner is made in one skillet dinner, has almost no cleanup and tastes indulgent even though it’s not.
27. Cold Lemon Zoodles
Cold dinner when it’s 90 degrees outside? Genius. We call this one “climate control in a bowl.”
28. Broccoli Rabe and Burrata with Lemon
This dish serves four as a side, but if you’ve ever dreamed of eating broccoli rabe and burrata as a meal (we have), it could serve two and still clock in at less than 400 calories.
29. Pan-Fried Cod with Orange and Swiss Chard
Pan-frying eliminates the greasy mess of deep-frying and that whole turning-on-the-oven thing.
30. 15-Minute Mediterranean Couscous with Tuna and Pepperoncini
It’s lunchtime and you’re stuck between a PB&J and a hard place. Might we suggest making this filling bowl instead?
31. 20-Minute Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
Read between the lines and you’ll discover this low-cal skillet dish is meant to be eaten on the porch with a glass of white wine.
32. Chicken and Snap Pea Stir-Fry
This chicken stir-fry is full of satisfying protein (so you won’t be hungry in an hour) and is a breeze to make.
33. Sumac and Fennel Fattoush
A fattoush is a type of Middle Eastern salad—it’s herbaceous, spicy and features pita chips on top. Oh, and it’s delish.
34. Vegan Avocado Caesar Salad
Why is it that so many Caesar salads are secret calorie bombs? This vegan version is a little more nutritious and just as flavorful as the original version.
35. One-Pot, 15-Minute Pasta Limone
Pasta that takes almost no effort to make and won’t weigh you down? The proof is in the skillet.
36. Grilled Watermelon Steaks
37. Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Curried Lentils, Carrots and Yogurt
Flavorful and nutritious is the name of the game and this spiced legume-yogurt combo is totally winning.
38. Sweet Corn, Tomato and Zucchini Grain Salad with Peach-Dijon Vinaigrette
The edible flowers are optional, but considering the whole thing takes 15 minutes to make, they’re an easy way to impress.
39. Radish Barbecue Bowls with Tangy Honey-Mustard Dressing
You won’t miss the meat with these briny, charred radishes.
40. Avocado Chicken Salad
Some chicken salads should stay in their deli case. This one, however, belongs on your lunch plate.
41. 15-Minute Gazpacho with Cucumber, Red Pepper and Basil
If you’ve got a blender, you’re 15 minutes away from an easy-breezy summer soup.
42. Watermelon Poke Bowls
It’s all about the three c’s: cool, crunchy and crazy-delicious.
43. Kamut and Sour Cherry Meze
Kamut is a sweet, nutty ancient grain that’s similar to couscous, but with more complexity. Here, it’s complemented by sour cherries and a sprinkling of cheese.
44. Instant Pot Vegetable Lasagna with Vegan Basil Ricotta
Lasagna in the Instant Pot? Yep, it’s a thing, and it’s the secret behind this stoveless, ovenless vegan masterpiece.
45. Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers
The Greek yogurt dressing keeps things light, while crisp bell pepper boats replace the usual sandwich bread.
46. Chicken Kebabs with Garlic Lemon Yogurt
While your chicken marinates in a Mediterranean spice blend, you can whip up the refreshing yogurt dipping sauce to go with it.
47. Ginger-Pineapple Shrimp Stir-Fry
It’s a little spicy, a little sweet and exactly what we want to eat on a humid, sticky night.
48. Vegan Lentil-Mushroom Burgers
Skip the frozen veggie patties and make these instead. One bite and you won’t regret the extra effort.
49. Bibimbap Bowls
These nourishing bowls were inspired by Korean bibimbap. We eliminated the usual egg to make them vegan, but add it back in for a more filling dish.
50. Camarones al Mojo de Ajo (Shrimp in Garlic Sauce)
Don’t skip the crusty bread for mopping up all that garlicky sauce.
51. Donna Hay’s Best Veggie Burgers
This homemade veggie burger requires no fancy appliances or extra trips to the store. Pass the mustard.
52. Squash and Squash Blossom Frittata
If you see squash blossoms at the market, grab them and run . And if you can’t find them, NBD—this frittata will still taste amazing.
53. Aran Goyoaga’s Niçoise Salad
When you’re putting in all that effort to prep your vegetables just so, it makes sense to buy a high-quality, sustainable tuna, no?
54. Zesty Chargrilled Broccolini
Cooking your vegetables on the grill is an easy way to add a ton of flavor while still keeping the dish light.
55. Korean-Style Popcorn Cauliflower
Itty-bitty cauliflower pieces are pan-fried and tossed in a savory-spicy-sweet gochujang glaze. In other words: See ya, popcorn shrimp.