It's been a rough year so far for many reasons — one of them being how inflation is pretty much robbing our wallets at this point.
NBC / Via giphy.com
So we can all cry together while hoping things turn around for the better soon, here are some of the worst examples of inflation so far this year.
1.A serious hike in coffee bean prices.
Porto Rico coffee raising their whole bean prices by $3 per pound is probably the first time I’ve felt personally victimized by inflation
2. Should we just not go out to eat anymore?
"I’d hate to see how much that crumb entree cost."
3.Shrinkflation is really on another level.
4. I expect to be in a food coma after spending $23 on takeout.
"I would return it and demand a refund, you just gave them a $21 profit."
5. Has beef jerky become an exotic snack all of a sudden?! I feel like I used to pay around $9 for a bag? Am I imagining things???
6. The significant price difference here really says it all.
7.The size difference is baffling.
@NescafeAzera 10% less for the same price. Did you think we wouldn’t notice? #Shrinkflation @MoneySavingExp
8. This is definitely false advertising.
9. The extra $2 for ice really got me.
10. Was Goodwill really trying to pull a fast one on customers?
11. Since when did a can of soup become so pricey? Didn't a can used to be like $2??
"I saw the same thing. I damn near shit myself. I know that is good soup, but WTF."
12. Talk about a serious price increase!
13. As if the customer wasn't going to see that sneaky price adjustment...
"I'm more offended that a small blizzard is 10 bucks...wtf."