35 Easter Quotes to Share with Loved Ones This Holiday
·4 min read
Are you counting down the days until you can eat as many sugary Peeps and chocolate bunnies as possible (*raises hand*)? Or maybe you plan to celebrate the religious meaning of the holiday, complete with Easter treats and family-friendly games. Either way, a few inspiring and funny Easter quotes are sure to come in handy, whether you’re posting them on the ‘Gram or looking to add some Easter decor to your home.
1. “I love Easter. It’s like Halloween for soccer moms and baby chickens.” — Matthew Gray Gubler
2. “I still believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and true love. Don’t even try to tell me different.” — Dolly Parton
3. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” — Audrey Hepburn
4. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg, even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” — Bernard Meltzer
5. “Good idea: Finding the Easter eggs on Easter. Bad idea: Finding the Easter eggs on Christmas.” — Jack Handey
6. “A flower blossoms for its own joy.” — Oscar Wilde
7. “A guy comes down to earth, takes your sins, dies, and comes back three days later. You believe in him and go to heaven forever. How do you get from that to hide-the-eggs? Did Jesus have a problem with eggs? Did he go, ‘When I come back, if I see any eggs, the whole salvation thing is off?’” — Jon Stewart
8. “Someone must X-ray my stomach to see if the Peeps I ate on Easter are still in there, intact and completely undigested. And I’m not talking about this past Easter. I’m talking about the last time I celebrated Easter, in 1962.” — Bill Maher
9. “The Easter bunny ate all of the carrots we left for him. What a pig.” — Steve Carell
10. “Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.” — Janine di Giovanni
11. “The very first Easter taught us this: that life never ends and love never dies.” — Kate McGahan
12. “I just love Easter. It’s just the best holiday ever. I love Peeps, and jelly beans, and I love chocolate covered bunnies, but I really love Peeps the best.” — Reese Witherspoon
13. “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” – Henri Matisse
14. “I really wanted to name [my daughter] Easter Ann. I thought it was so cute. Literally no one agreed with me.” — Busy Philipps
15. “If Easter says anything to us today, it says this: You can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there.” — Clarence W. Hall
16. “Where man sees but withered leaves, God sees sweet flowers growing.” — Albert Laighton
17. “Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all of your eggs in one basket." — Evan Esar
18. “Easter is very important to me. It's a second chance.” — Reba McEntire
19. “In your Easter Bonnet, with all the frills upon it, You’ll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade.” — Helen Merrill
20. “My mom used to say that Greek Easter was later because then you get stuff cheaper.” — Amy Sedaris
21. “The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day He created spring.” — Bernard Williams
22. “Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.” — Luther Burbank
23. “That is one good thing about this world... There are always sure to be more springs.” — L.M. Montgomery
24. “I must have flowers, always and always.” — Claude Monet
25. “Twas Easter Sunday. The full-blossomed trees filled all the air with fragrance and with joy.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
26. “Never let your kids have more fun than you on Easter!!” — Will Smith
27. “With the coming of spring, I am calm again.” — Gustav Mahler
28. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
29. “Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.” — S.D. Gordon
30. “You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot keep spring from coming.” — Pablo Neruda
31. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” — Hans Christian Anderson
32. “Spring's greatest joy beyond a doubt is when it brings the children out.” — Edgar Guest
33. “There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
34. “Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” — Lady Bird Johnson
35. “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” — Hal Borland
Halle Berry is making her more than 6 million Instagram followers want to stop scrolling and hit the gym. On Friday, the 54-year-old actress shared several photos of herself hanging from a punching bag, her body held up only by her intertwined ankles, appearing to do pull-ups.
An entire Calif. school board resigned after harsh comments about parents were caught on a Zoom call, and a Washington state school tests out instrument pods. Here's what's unfolding this week in the education world.
Meghan McCain knows you're talking about her hair and makeup — but it's all in the name of experimentation. On Thursday, "The View" co-host addressed recent comments about her ever-changing hairstyles, ranging from sleek ponytails to curly tendril upsweeps and glittery roots, not to mention her colorful eye makeup.
Model Amelia Gray Hamlin, daughter of Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna, found herself under public scrutiny on Friday following the release of her post-vacation photos, as Instagram users flocked to her comments to point out her noticeably darker-than-usual skin tone.
The franchise's first ever biracial lead opens up about her time on the show, life with fiancé Zac Clark and more. The post What Tayshia Adams learned from her historic season of ‘The Bachelorette’ appeared first on In The Know.
Chelsea Handler posted a video of herself on Instagram on Thursday in which she's skiing down a hill in nothing but pasties, underwear and a helmet decorated with both Canadian and American flags, a celebration of her 46th birthday.