Fact: There’s nothing better on a chilly night than a big bowl of soup. But most of us don’t have a few spare hours to spend slowly simmering a pot on the stove—especially on a weeknight. That’s where we come in, with 50 winter soups you can make in less than 30 minutes. Blanket and slippers not required, but strongly recommended.
1. Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Who needs noodles when you can have gnocchi? Using store-bought makes this totally weeknight-friendly.
2. 20-Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup
The more cheese, the merrier.
3. Easy Butternut Squash Soup
We have the Instant Pot—and Coterie member Maria Lichty—to thank for all this fall flavor. It only takes 25 minutes from start to finish.
4. Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
A little bit of cream cheese goes a long way in this decadent recipe from Coterie member Heidi Larsen.
5. 30-Minute Vegetarian Pho
So much flavor, so little time.
6. Easy 30-Minute Minestrone
Hearty and healthy.
7. 20-Minute Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Taco Tuesday in liquid form.
8. Paleo Egg Drop Soup
This super-simple soup can go from zero to dinner in 15 minutes flat.
9. Chicken Tortellini Soup
Store-bought tortellini FTW.
10. Quick and Easy Black Bean Soup
Coterie member Monique Volz recommends serving this with a few crunchy tortilla chips crumbled on top. And who are we to argue?
11. Instant Pot Healthy Lemon Chicken Soup
Gearing up for cold and flu season? Coterie member Liz Falcigno has you covered.
12. Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup
Fifteen minutes on the stove? We can handle that.
13. Vegan Carrot and Ginger Soup
It freezes like a charm, meaning it's great to reheat for not-so-sad desk lunches all winter long.
14. Tomato Orzo Soup with Kale
Bonus: This quick recipe from Coterie Member Gena Hamshaw is totally vegan.
15. Spicy Ancho Turkey Chili
We like ours with a sprinkle of cheddar and a dollop of sour cream.
16. Quinoa, Kale and Carrot Noodle Soup with Parmesan
Quick, easy and packed with protein. (We’d expect nothing less from Coterie member Ali Maffucci.)
17. Easy Mexican Chicken Pozole
This traditional Mexican soup is usually simmered for hours on the stove. We’ve found that this shortcut tastes just as good in a fraction of the time.
18. Chicken Tortilla Soup
This festive soup is great for a crowd. We promise they’ll never guess it only took 30 minutes.
19. Easy Pumpkin Soup
We’d never hate on the PSL (or the fact that you can basically buy Pumpkin Spice toothpaste these days). But sometimes, you’ve gotta go with the real thing.
20. Tuscan White Bean, Sausage and Kale Soup
Bring on those first cold gusts of wind; we’re armed with the heartiest, warmest soup known to man.
21. Hearty Vegetable Soup with Pesto
We’d eat just about anything with a big spoonful of pesto on top.
22. Green Chickpea Curry with Couscous
We love having store-bought curry paste on hand so we can throw together veggie-filled soups like this at the drop of a hat.
23. Restorative Miso Noodle Soup
Soba noodles, umami-rich mushrooms and spinach spruce up a classic in no time.
24. Quick and Easy Chicken Taco Soup
This easy soup is also super flexible—feel free to load it up with all your favorite toppings (cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream...need we go on?).
25. Easy Hamburger Soup
Because sometimes you just need some old-school comfort food.
26. One-Pot Cheater’s Bouillabaisse
How did we shave 90 minutes of cooking time off of this delicious Provençal seafood stew? Easy: Cook it in one pot with a smaller selection of seafood.
27. 20-Minute Peanut Noodle Soup with Lime Mango
Slippery rice noodles, a creamy peanut butter base and plenty of tart lime juice. We’re sold.
28. Easy 30-Minute Turkey Noodle Soup
It’s chicken noodle’s tasty cousin.
29. Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
Just toast up some breadsticks and you’re good to go.
30. Italian Vegetable Beef Soup
Just like Grandma used to make (but way faster).
31. Quick and Easy Spicy Coconut Black Bean Soup
OK, so it'll take you 35 minutes from start to finish. But blending the beans for a thicker consistency is well worth the extra time.
32. Broccoli Soup with Spinach, Cilantro and Croutons
Skip traditional cheddar for a lighter, healthier alternative.
33. Keto Instant Pot Sausage-Kale Soup
Pressure cooker > stirring at the stove.
34. Instant Pot Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup
Its vibrant color screams Thanksgiving appetizer.
35. Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Gluten-free, vegan and spiked with Granny Smith apple and coconut milk.
36. 30-Minute Chinese Egg Drop Chicken and Rice Soup
Two classics, one bowl.
37. Easy, Instant Pot French Onion Soup
Beef broth, caramelized onions and allllll the cheese. How can you go wrong?
38. 5-Ingredient Black Bean Soup
This recipe thrives on shortcuts, like canned beans and jarred salsa.
39. Easy Chicken Posole Verde
Julienned radishes, lime wedges and cotija cheese are such a pretty finishing touch.
40. Market Corn Chowder with Summer Savory
Canned corn kernels make this summer gem possible any time of year.
41. Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
The secret ingredient? Cream cheese. The secret weapon? Your Instant Pot.
42. Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
Olive Garden has nothing on this 23-minute copycat.
43. Easy Taco Soup
It doesn't get easier than canned ingredients and a pound of ground beef.
44. 15-Minute Khao Soi
This Thai coconut-curry noodle soup is positively soul-warming.
45. Cauliflower Chili
Cauliflower florets can hold their own against the heat, making them a solid vegan alternative to beef.
46. Creamy Tortellini Soup
Italian sausage, fresh kale and a glug of heavy cream take this soup to the next level.
47. Instant Pot White Bean Chicken Chili
Let's be honest: This bowl of magic is all about the toppings.
48. 30-Minute Asian Chicken Soup
It's loaded with bok choy, mushrooms and green onions.
49. Rotisserie Chicken Ramen
Store-bought meat will save you a *ton* of time.
50. Coconut Sweet Potato Lentil Soup with Rice
Starring fresh ginger, yellow curry powder and all the naan your heart desires.