Pumpkins are synonymous with fall, and as soon as the air turns crisp, all we want to do is indulge in orange foods. Good news: The gourd is as versatile as it is popular, and whether you’re hosting an autumnal dinner party or planning a cozy baking sesh, there’s a pumpkin-laced dish with your name on it. From hearty dinners (like turkey pumpkin chili) to indulgent desserts (pumpkin cheesecake, anyone?), here are 50 amazing recipes using the season’s star produce.
1. Whole Roasted Pumpkin Stuffed with Wild Mushrooms and Gruyère
If you’re not eating straight out of a gourd at least once during the fall, you’re doing it wrong.
2. Pumpkin Soup in Mini Pumpkin Bowls
Kick off soup season in the cutest way possible. Don’t toss those pumpkin seeds; they make a delicious crunchy topping.
3. Creamy Pumpkin Eton Mess
It’s like eating a bite of pumpkin pie laden with whipped cream, but with meringue instead of pie crust. In a word, yum.
4. Biscuit Dough Pumpkin Hand Pies
Serve these portable pies for Thanksgiving dessert, then enjoy the leftovers at breakfast the next morning.
5. Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts with Poached Eggs
Behold, the healthy-yet-satisfying fall dinner you’ve been dreaming of.
6. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
This pumpkin quick bread just so happens to have a swirly cream-cheese filling and cinnamon streusel on top. Serve it for dessert or breakfast—we won't judge.
7. Pumpkin Pizza Crust with Arugula and Prosciutto
Move over, plain pizza crust. There’s a new dough in town (and it happens to be the tastiest way to use up a can of pumpkin).
8. Pumpkin Spice Pecan Rolls
Bonus points if you make your own pumpkin spice mix for this decadent breakfast.
9. Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
It tastes like a pumpkin cloud, and it’s good enough to replace your usual holiday pumpkin pie.
10. Pumpkin Brioche
Introducing the be-all, end-all autumnal carb. The crunchy sugar garnish makes it fit for breakfast (or dessert), but since the bread is only lightly sweet, you could also skip the topping and serve it at your Thanksgiving spread.
11. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
If pie is too much work and gingersnaps are old news, these pumpkin cheesecake cookies are the best of both worlds. They’re fab for holiday parties or just snacking after dinner.
12. Pumpkin Polenta
This gluten-free recipe is rich, creamy and everything we ever wanted in a Thanksgiving side dish.
13. Pumpkin Spice Icebox Cake
No baking is necessary for this nostalgic pumpkin dessert.
14. Pumpkin Flatbread with Gruyère and Crispy Sage
Oooh, did someone say fancy pizza dinner? We’re suckers for the combination of winter squash and sage.
15. Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
This quick bread is full of warm fall spices and bakes up supremely moist, thanks to all those veggies.
16. Whipped Ricotta with Roasted Pumpkin
We found the ultimate pre-dinner autumnal snack. Serve it at your next cocktail party and watch it disappear.
17. Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie
The most delicious way to warm up on a cool fall night? With this cheesy pumpkin appetizer.
18. Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon Roll Crust
This is what happens when pumpkin meets our other favorite fall flavor, cinnamon.
19. Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo
Swap the usual butter and Parmesan with pumpkin and goat cheese, and the result is this creamy twist on a classic pasta dish.
20. The Softest Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
You’re going to need something carb-y to sop up all that soup.
21. Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Make a batch of this spicy, fall-inspired chili, then serve it on Halloween night post-trick-or-treat.
22. Pumpkin Pancakes
A stack of these and a hot cup of coffee are our ideal Saturday morning plans.
23. Cheesy Parmesan Pumpkin French Breads
Imagine: Garlic bread combined with grilled cheese, all smothered in pumpkin.
24. Pumpkin, Mushroom and Spinach Tater Tot Casserole
Forget mashed potatoes; this Midwestern casserole is the side dish every Thanksgiving table needs.
25. Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
They’re vegan, gluten-free and everyone gets their own. Who even needs crust?
26. Savory Pumpkin Dip
Make this appetizer on Halloween, Thanksgiving and every day in between.
27. Chicken Bacon Pumpkin Pasta Bake
Once the weather gets chilly, our dinnertime mantra becomes “the cheesier, the better.”
28. Pumpkin Stuffed Shells
Next-level comfort food, right this way. These squash-stuffed shells are freezer friendly, so you might want to make a double batch.
29. Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
It’s almost too pretty to eat, but then you set out crudités and we can’t help ourself.
30. Slow-Cooker Chicken Pumpkin Curry
Let your slow cooker do the hard work while you cozy up with a spooky Netflix show.
31. Pumpkin Gnocchi with Sage Butter Sauce
This pillowy pasta is buttery, rich and comforting—basically, everything we love about fall foods.
32. Easy 30-Minute Stovetop Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese
Just when we thought it couldn’t get any better, this 30-minute dinner showed up in our kitchen. The pumpkin flavor is just enough to taste autumnal, without being overwhelming.
33. Pumpkin Spice Truffles
Chocolate lovers, we’ve found your new favorite fall dessert. These bites are a great make-ahead treat for dinner parties and gifting alike.
34. Nutella Stuffed Pumpkin French Toast
Sunday brunch has never tasted better. Pass the maple syrup, please.
35. Pumpkin Beer Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This one warms you through and through. (It calls for pumpkin-flavored beer, but you can use another ale if that’s what you have.)
36. Roasted Pumpkin and Sage Grilled Cheese
The fried egg is optional, but highly recommended. Feel free to make these for lunch every day of the week.
37. Cider Pumpkin Waffles with Salted Maple Butter
Crisp fall mornings were made for these light and airy waffles…but we’d also make them for brinner, just saying.
38. Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
You don’t need a deep fryer to make fluffy, spiced doughnuts at home. Don’t even get us started on that brown sugar icing.
39. Pumpkin Risotto with Seared Scallops
The savory risotto and caramelized scallops are the obvious stars, but don’t overlook the candied pancetta garnish.
40. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
A cookie, a brownie and a pumpkin pie walk into a bar.
41. Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie Bars
Remember when salted caramel was the biggest thing in desserts? Yeah, let’s go back to that.
42. Vegan Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
It turns out pumpkin puree makes a mighty fine substitute for eggs and milk.
43. Pumpkin Rigatoni with Rosemary Walnut Crispies
The contrast between the silky sauce and those walnut crispies is everything.
44. Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
For those who think pumpkin pie isn’t quite rich enough, there’s this decadent dessert.
45. Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sour Cream Sauce
When you’re craving comfort food but also want to keep things healthy, make this protein-packed dinner.
46. Pumpkin Pierogi with Brown Butter and Crispy Sage
47. Roast Pumpkin, Spinach and Feta Salad
Fall salads are totally a thing. (You know, when you’re not enjoying all the cozy carbs and cheese.)
48. 10-Minute Spicy Pumpkin Curry Chowder in a Mug
No one will believe you made their dinner in the microwave.
49. Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
They’re made with oat flour and Greek yogurt, although you wouldn’t know it at first bite.
50. Vegan Baked Spaghetti Squash with Pumpkin and Green Onion Alfredo
Wait, this is vegan? You had us fooled. (Pumpkin is talented like that.)