Graduation parties and ceremonies are slowly taking over your calendar. So don’t be caught empty-handed when the festivities arrive. Instead of stocking up on (typical) gift cards or college sweatshirt presents, switch things up with a gift the grad will actually want — and need. (Think a nonstick cookware set that’ll keep their meals burn-free or a personal coffeemaker to give them a steady supply of caffeine throughout the semester.) The options for giving something practical AND impressive are endless. Keep scrolling to see and shop them all.
1. Ban.do Medium Paradiso Planner ($28): Between a new city, hobbies, and outings with friends, their life is about to bring them an entirely different schedule. So this colorful, cult-favorite planner will help keep their priorities (like free pizza night) from falling to the wayside.
2. G-SHOCK S Series Step Tracker ($130): We get it, squeezing in workouts isn’t easy. But a fashionable step-tracking watch — clad in the coolest hue — is a guaranteed way to make sure fitness stays on the agenda (even if there are a million other fun things around the city to do!).
3. Calphalon Premier Space Saving Cookware ($600): Now that they’re in charge of their own kitchen, a couple of high-quality cookware items (10 in this set, to be exact) will keep their chef skills on point. Bonus: The nonstick design will be extra-forgiving for those culinary mishaps too.
4. Dormify Getting Pizza Water Bottle ($20): For reasons unknown (*insert winky face emoji*), students never quite get their daily recommended water intake. If there’s anything to combat this prob, it’s a quirky water bottle that they’ll love putting on display for all of their peers.
5. Richer Poorer Quarterly Women’s Subscription Box ($28): Remember when socks and underwear were the WORST gifts to receive? Not in these years. Your grad will love having the staples taken care of with a subscription that delivers three socks every three months directly to their door.
6. Mark & Graham Bamboo Elisabetta Convertible Backpack ($425): Their backpack just got a serious upgrade. This convertible pick is crafted from deluxe Italian leather and includes a debossed initial option to keep them looking ultra- cool all the way to the office or class.
7. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Camera ($69): Give them a camera to document their best years to come. Instead of defaulting to a digital option, go with an old-school camera that prints pics on the spot. Talk about one fun way to decorate their room.
8. Dreambly Wash+Dry Sheets ($19): One of our least favorite activities? Laundry. Luckily, Dreambly minimizes the work involved in this dreaded chore with a product that acts as a detergent, stain remover, fabric softener, whitener, brightener, and anti-static guard all in one. In fact, we won’t blame you for wanting to buy a pack for yourself.
9. Herschel Supply Co. Spokane 15-Inch MacBook Pro Canvas Sleeve ($50): Keep the ‘old MacBook looking its best (even during the hours-long wear and tear throughout the day). The slim, sturdy design of this case will keep their most prized possession in tip-top shape for all the semesters to come.
10. Everlane The Italian GoWeave Classic Blazer ($125): Help them get to true #adulting status with a fancy new wardrobe staple. This structured Everlane blazer will carry them through internships, interviews, and even into the “real world” looking like a boss.
11. Keurig K-Cup Pod Single-Serve Coffee Maker ($130): Caffeine during finals, early morning classes, and late-night studying is a MUST. So keep their beloved brews easily accessible with this cute monochrome single-serve Keurig coffee maker. Package it with K-Cups and a mug for the ultimate send-off gift (that you’ll want to steal for yourself).
12. Ban.do Party On Flask ($25): The new grad will *love* a totable “drama-free” accessory to hold their fave soft drinks or, um, booze. (We won’t tell Mom and Dad.)
13. Sphera Wireless Speaker ($250): This fancy speaker plays all of their most-loved tunes without ruining the vibe of their room decor. Since it’s cord-free and comes in a sleek, minimalist design, it’s sure to be a hit at any gathering or party.
14. Glossier Body Hero Duo ($35): Just because they’re leaving the nest doesn’t mean their hygiene should slip. A customer-favorite body cleansing duo from Glossier will motivate them to keep their beauty regimen in check.
15. Capri BLUE Volcano Faceted Jar ($36): All right, all right. We all know new digs can give rise to some pretty bad smells. Lighting this lovely tropical candle will transform their room into the soothing, elegant space it *should* be (even if the laundry is still splayed everywhere).
16. Away – The Carry On ($225): It’s time to wave goodbye to traveling with that bedraggled duffle. (Just because it worked for sports practice doesn’t mean it should still be used!) Replace it with a guaranteed-for-life bag from the noteworthy Away brand. Beyond its über durable structure, this suitcase features a built-in charger that will be a lifesaver when they’re jetting off on spring break with a low battery.
17. TaZa Unbreakable Stemless Wine Glasses ($20): Meet their new fave drinking companion — the unbreakable and ever-practical TaZa stemless wine glasses. They’re perfect for everything from the weekly Bachelor viewing party to Friday nights in with the girls.
18. Beats by Dr. Dre Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones ($350): When the roomies have their music blasting at top volume, these sleek noise-canceling headphones will come in handy to keep them focused on the task at hand.
19. M. Gemi The Stellato Sacchetto ($228): Trade in their worn-out slides for something that will last them through the years. M. Gemi prides itself on crafting shoes from fine Italian leather with a supremely comfortable design, to make trekking through campus to that big job interview the least of their concerns.
20. Magic Bullet Blender ($40): Encourage them to stick to healthy eating by giving them a Magic Bullet. Built with a powerful, compact design, this blender will enable them to blend, grind, or liquefy their way to a delicious and nutritious meal in no time.
21. Double Good Fruity Fruity Bang Bang Popcorn ($22): Keep your favorite student well-fueled with a colorful take on a snacking staple — popcorn! In addition to providing a tasty snack, this company donates 50 percent of every purchase to helping kids with special needs, so you can feel doubly good about what your recipient is munchin’ on.
22. Trunk Club Clothing Subscription ($25+ per month): Help them look the part of a put-together adult with a monthly clothing shipment. Choose from brands they love (Nordstrom, anyone?) and have stylists pick trendy items to ship to their door. If there were ever a way to grow them out of their sweats and hoodie habit, this is it!
23. Bandolier Emma Black and Pewter iPhone Case ($88): They can’t call home if they don’t have their phone on them! Ensure it’s always nearby by gifting them a sharp leather cross-body carrier that protects their cell when they’re on the go. It’s equipped to hold all iPhone sizes, plus their ID, credit cards, and cash, making it the most stylish hands-free solution for carting around necessities.
24. American Greetings Bravocado Graduation Card ($4): Let’s be honest: Sometimes, all they want is cash. If you’re defaulting to this, pick up a festive card to fill with bills to cover laundry, pizza, and books for their first few weeks.
25. Life is Good “Simplify” Vee ($26): Now that school days are in the past, give them a casual, comfy tee they’ll want to spend the entire summer in.
26. GoPro HERO ($199): Gift your favorite grad a video camera to help capture their upcoming adventures. The HERO is waterproof, durable, and WiFi and Bluetooth enabled, making it a great travel accessory.
27. Blue Apron ($11+/serving): Make the transition to the real world a little easier by helping a new grad with meal prep. A Blue Apron subscription is like having someone do all your grocery shopping and then delivering the ingredients straight to your door. Plus in June and July, you can get access to chef extraordinaire Chrissy Teigen’s recipes.
What gifts are you giving during graduation season? Show us on Instagram by tagging us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
You Might Also Like