Commercial success is no guarantee that a record will receive a Grammy. Here are two dozen prime (and often surprising) examples. All topped Billboard‘s Hot 100 for five or more weeks, but failed to win Grammys in any category.
This colossal collaboration was nominated for two Grammys. It lost Record of the Year to Seal’s “Kiss From a Rose.” In a huge upset, it lost Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals to “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You” by the Chieftains with Van Morrison. Carey’s Daydream album also lost Best Pop Album to Joni Mitchell’s Turbulent Indigo. It was not a “sweet” Grammy night for Carey. (Photo: Getty Images)
bubba: So, there are 29 countries in NATO and the U S pays 22% of the cost? That means the other 28 countries pay 78%. So, that means on average, the other 28 countries pay less than 3% each. So, we are basically spending 10 times as much as the other countries. Is our economy 10 times the size of Germany, or other European countries? Each country's contribution should be based on the size of their economy. And, each country should examine their priorities. Is taking in Muslim refugees more important than national defense? Is providing free health care more important than national security? If so, then let them defend themselves if they aren't willing to spend on their own defense.