It’s Halloween: If you’re lucky enough *not* to be chaperoning a gang of candy-seeking, costumed children, you’re probably making dinner plans. And whether your night involves burrowing into the couch with a scary movie or hosting a low-key dinner party with your fellow non-trick-or-treaters, we’ve got 21 Halloween dinner ideas that are festive, seasonal and scary-delicious.
1. Sweet Potato Gnocchi in Herbed White Wine Sauce
While everyone else is out trick-or-treating, you’ll be lounging on the couch with a big bowl of this homemade gnocchi (and a glass of wine).
2. Easy One-Pot Lentil Kielbasa Soup
Tonight is all about staying cozy. This hearty, healthy dish will do just fine.
3. Yotam Ottolenghi's Roasted Butternut Squash with Lentils and Gorgonzola
After all, it is squash season.
4. Cheater’s Sicilian-Style Pizza with Jalapeños and Honey
Skip the subpar takeout pizza and make this homemade version instead. It’s cheesy, spicy and—best of all—ready in 30 minutes flat.
5. Slow-Cooker Chicken Potpie Soup
This soup has not one but two tricks up its sleeve: store-bought biscuit dough and your trusty Crock-Pot.
6. Kale Salad with Persimmons, Crispy Chickpeas and Fried Shallots
This is to offset all the candy we’ll inevitably eat in the upcoming days (or weeks).
7. Instant Pot Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup
This recipe is all about maximum flavor and minimum effort, so naturally it takes just 30 minutes to whip up. Psst: Use pre-chopped squash to make it even easier.
8. Cornish Hens in Parchment Paper
We think we just found the easiest dinner in the history of ever—the veggies and chicken steam in their packets, so the parchment does all the hard work. Even better, the cleanup is a breeze.
9. Cheater’s Slow-Cooker Beef Bourguignon
Beef stew, but make it fancy…and then tell everyone you’re being Julia Child for Halloween.
10. Healthy Slow-Cooker Turkey and White Bean Chili Recipe
Few things are more comforting than a steaming bowl of chili on an, ahem, chilly evening. This one has ground turkey to keep it light.
11. Low-Carb Zucchini Enchiladas
Sure, they’re healthier for you—that’s not why we’re making them on repeat. It’s because they’re also really delicious.
12. Antoni Porowski’s Moroccan-Style Pasta Bolognese
The next best thing to getting Queer Eye’s food expert in our kitchen? His meaty, tasty pasta sauce. Make it ahead and store it in the freezer if you’re into meal-prepping.
13. Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowls
Guys, come on. This is a no-brainer.
14. Spicy Turkey Enchiladas with Pumpkin Seeds
Enchiladas, but make it autumnal.
15. Hearty Stuffed Butternut Squash
Who needs a bowl when you’ve got a gourd? They’re filled with quinoa, chickpeas, Gruyère and all the good stuff.
16. Pumpkin Pizza Crust with Arugula and Prosciutto
While we’re here, we might as well stay on theme. This easy and festive pizza recipe makes great use of the canned pumpkin you already have in your pantry.
17. Macaroni and Cheese in Acorn Squash Bowls
This is—dare we say it?—better than a bowl of candy.
18. One-Pan Creamy Chicken Fricassee with Sage
What’s the opposite of spooky and scary? Creamy, saucy chicken in a skillet (with almost no cleanup) is what.
19. Pumpkin Polenta
Rich, creamy and oh-so-seasonal. You can use fresh or canned pumpkin, depending on how fancy you want to get.
20. Split Pea Soup with Ham
Raise your hand if you grew up eating your mom’s split pea soup every fall. This one will bring back all the nostalgic feelings.
21. One-Pot Creamy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
Now this is how you do Halloween.