Before we get to the recipes, there are some things you need to know about broccoli rabe. First of all, it’s chewy, just a little bitter and absolutely delicious. It’s also packed with all the nutrients that dark green cruciferous veggies are famous for: iron, potassium, calcium and all that good stuff. Plus, it’s versatile, visually attractive and it’s available throughout the fall to play around with in the kitchen. Grab a nice, big bunch at the farmers market or your local supermarket and try one (or all) of these broccoli rabe recipes before this vegetable’s no longer seasonal.
1. Skillet Gnocchi with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
All you need is half an hour and a single skillet to execute this super-comforting weeknight gnocchi recipe.
2. Curry Noodles with Broccoli Rabe and Purple Cabbage
Zesty and creamy coconut sauce mixes with two distinct and colorful vegetables in this easy noodle dish.
3. Broccoli Rabe with Chickpeas and Ricotta
Meatless Monday is looking pretty good with this trio of tasty ingredients that can be whipped up for a quick and satisfying meal.
4. Broccoli Rabe and Burrata with Lemon
The longer you cook broccoli rabe, the less bitter it gets, making this sauteed rabe the perfect compiement to a tart lemon dressing and creamy burrata.
5. One-Pan Sausage with Broccoli Rabe and White Beans
This is maybe the easiest meal you could ever make, and it’s a breeze to double or triple the recipe to serve a crowd!
6. Broccoli Rabe Pesto
Take advantage of the fall season and whip up a large batch of this pesto to spread onto and stir into everything.
7. Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Broccoli Rabe
These pretty bundles are basically bouquets of bacon wrapped greens that make any entrée look (and taste) better.
8. Crockpot Italian Chicken and Broccoli Rabe Chili
Hello, comfort in a bowl.
9. Sweet potato gnocchi with broccoli rabe and garlic sage butter sauce
All the flavors of fall in one savory, butter-coated dish.
10. Broccoli Rabe and Black Bean Quesadillas
Treating the broccoli rabe like kale and massaging it with olive oil preps it to be the healthiest quesadilla filling.
11. Savory Breakfast Pan with Broccoli Rabe
Add some green to your eggs and bacon with this colorful one-pan brunch recipe.