Life with a chronic condition usually isn’t all — or ever — fun in games. Just managing your symptoms or treatment routine is a full-time job on its own. Not to mention navigating relationships with people who don’t quite get it or worse, a doctor who isn’t sure what to do.
But when you’re dragging through your last bit of energy or scratching your head in a cloud of brain fog, sometimes the only thing you can do is laugh. That’s why we’re introducing a new weekly roundup of funny and relatable social media posts from fellow warriors from around the web.
Laughter *isn’t* the best medicine — and yes we HAVE thought about exercise or trying that new supplement, thank you very much! Yet sometimes a humorous moment from others who are going through it just like us can make the journey a little more manageable.
Here are 10 tweets we found this week that might just make you LOL:
1. When all you can do is say ‘screw it.’
Drug commercials when the side effect includes death pic.twitter.com/DdihnCA5Ha
— Wezzzzz (@wezzzworld) December 12, 2019
2. When the lyrics to your favorite song just… fit.
3. When the lyrics to your favorite holiday song fit.
4. That time a dying battery ad got it right.
Do any other spoonies, when seeing the Chromebook ‘battery’ advert, when the people say “I’m dying” and “anyone got a charger?“; think ‘IT ME’?!!?!?!?#SpoonieLife #SpoonieProblems #Spoonie #pwME #MEcfs #NeedACharger
— James Cooper (@jpc101) December 11, 2019
5. That time you wished you tried another recipe.
6. When hospitals use ‘new math.’
7. When brain fog sets in.
— Fibro Bloggers (@FibroBloggers) December 17, 2019
8. When you can’t get the temperature right.
9. When you’re frustrated with your doctor.
10. When someone finally ‘sees’ your invisible illness.
See a funny social media post you’d like us to feature? Tag us or send an email to email@example.com and we may feature it in next week’s roundup!