A core routine for every type of tummy. (Photo: Knape, Getty)
With beach days and sand volleyball games just around the corner, it’s time to get serious about your ab workouts. And while what you eat plays a big part in seeing definition, you need to put in the work at the gym, too. And there’s no better day than today to get started and set a precedent for the rest of summer.
“Ab workouts are so important to your body because the abs are the pillar of your machine,” says Keoni Hudoba, trainer, fitness expert and creator of the Cyc Method. “Switching up ab workouts daily is key.”
Start mixing things up with any of these 10 effective ab workouts, below.
- Have five minutes? Well doing this routine will leave you with a minute to spare—and a tighter tummy.
- Yoga abs right this way, all you need is a block.
- Rethink your burpee. These two variations target your waist and spike your heart rate.
- Get athlete abs with the two core moves Kerri Walsh Jennings swears by.
- Get killer abs without doing a single crunch.
- Give 110 percent during this Pilates for your core workout.
- Forget your yoga mat: Sculpt hot abs with this standing routine.
- Even the busiest woman will have time for this five-minute core workout.
- Build sexy, flat abs with these effective moves—no gym needed.
- Abs-olutely no equipment required to complete this routine.
Or kick things into high gear with our Summer Challenge program that will transform and tone your entire body.
By Amy Schlinger
More from SELF: