Amp up your cooking game with these easy eats and recipes you can whip up in 30 minutes or less.
Chef Sohla El-Waylly shows us how to make a tater tot egg bake with bitter greens salad, live on Instagram with Ginger Zee!
Egg Bake Ingredients
2 Tbsp. olive oil 10 large eggs1 tsp. Diamond Crystal kosher salt (or ¾ tsp. Morton’s kosher salt)Freshly ground black pepper1 32-oz. bags tater tots, thawedCooked onion
1 small shallot, thinly sliced2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided½ tsp. kosher saltFreshly ground black pepper
1 small head of radicchio, leaves separated, torn2 cups baby arugula3 oz. Manchego cheese, shaved⅓ cup toasted sliced almonds
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Whisk together eggs, kosher salt, and black pepper. Add thawed tater tots and cooked onion and stir well to combine.
3. Pour egg mixture into the pan and flatten the surface with a heatproof rubber spatula to make sure the tater tots are mostly submerged. Reduce heat to low; cook, undisturbed, watching edges to make sure egg isn’t getting too brown, until golden underneath and top is only a little runny, 20–25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the salad: Whisk shallot, orange juice, vinegar, 3 Tbsp. oil, and ½ tsp. Diamond Crystal or ¼ tsp. Morton kosher salt in a large bowl to combine; season dressing with pepper. Set aside.
5. Add radicchio, arugula, cheese, and nuts to dressing and toss to combine; season with salt and plenty of pepper.
6. Finish the Egg Bake: Using a spatula, loosen the edges of the egg. Wearing oven mitts, place a large plate upside down over skillet and swiftly flip over to turn egg out onto the plate. If the skillet is dry, add 1 Tbsp oil. Slide egg back into the skillet, top side down, and cook until the center is just set, about 5 minutes.
7. Transfer back to plate; let cool if desired. Top with salad and serve.
This recipe, developed by Hetty McKinnon for Bon Appétit, first appeared in the November issue of the magazine.
'GMA' Easy Eats: Make this tater tot egg bake with bitter greens salad originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com