Everything we know about Royal Caribbean's new private island destination originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com
Cruise lovers know one of the best shore days is when the ship casts its anchors near a private island.
Riyal Caribbean Cruise Line (RCCL) has just made fans' days with the announcement of its new private-island destination. The cruise line has existing island destinations in CocoCay, Bahamas, and Labadee, Hispaniola.
Here's everything we know about Royal Caribbean's new private island destination:
1. It's in the South Pacific.
2. Lelepa, Vanuatu, is its location.
3. Perfect Day at Lelepa will have a much different feel than Perfect Day at CocoCay, the cruise line said.
4. Royal Caribbean claims the island destination will be "the first carbon neutral private cruise destination in the world."
5. It's expected to open sometime in 2022.