Everything we know about Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com
Now that Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance has opened, it's time to look ahead to the next big thing coming to Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios -- Micky and Minnie's Runaway Railway attraction.
Travelers won't have to wait long. The ride, which is for the entire family, opens this spring.
"Good Morning America" got a first look at the ride. Here's everything we know.
- It opens on March 4, 2020.
- Guests will enter the ride at the Chinese Theatre, former home to the Great Movie Ride and join Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their pals on a wacky adventure.
- Micky and Minnie's Runaway Railway is the first Disney ride-through attraction featuring Mickey and Minnie.
- It's based on Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts and guests will view a new short before boarding the ride. The plot involves the duo taking a drive to a picnic in their sporty roadster. It's an idyllic day, and it seems nothing can go wrong until something does, that is.
- The attraction promises unexpected twists and lots of surprises, one of which happens before guests even hop on board.
The Walt Disney Company is the parent company of ABC News.