Amp up your cooking game with these easy eats and recipes you can whip up in 30 minutes or less.
You can make chef Michael Schulson's gourmet vegetable fried rice with frozen vegetables and scallions in a flash with just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 oz red onions chopped
- 3 oz carrots
- 3 oz peas
- 3 oz broccoli
- ½ cup scallions
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil and add the rice, lower to a simmer and cook for 15 min, Shut the heat off and let sit for 10 more minutes.
- Heat a pan until it's very hot and add the oil.
- Add the beaten eggs into the oil so they fry and become fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the rice and some of the scallions) and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Finally add the rice and pat it down so it doesn’t stick and starts to toast. This should take about 5 min.
- Garnish with a little of the scallions and serve.
Make chef Michael Schulson's gourmet vegetable fried rice at home originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com