'Bachelor' Peter Weber suffered a 'freak accident,' Chris Harrison says originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com
New Bachelor Peter Weber is on the mend.
Amid reports that Weber required emergency surgery following a fall in Costa Rica, "Bachelor" host Chris Harrison released a statement Tuesday, assuring fans that the franchise star is doing well.
Production of "The Bachelor" "is already back underway," Harrison added.
“Peter suffered a freak accident. He got a cut on his head, he did get stitches but he’s 100% OK," Harrison said. "He’s still the dashing, handsome pilot we’ve all dreamed of.”
Weber, 28, was the second-to-last person eliminated during Hannah Brown's season of "The Bachelorette," which aired earlier this year. Last month, ABC announced that the pilot would helm the 24th season of "The Bachelor," which will premiere in January.
"Obviously it sounds cliche but [I'm looking for] that girl [who] is my best friend," Weber told "Good Morning America."
"You are just so madly in love with her and you can't believe that you were lucky enough to find her and spend the rest of your life with her. The girl that is as thirsty for adventure as I am and just constantly exploring and never is gonna lose that. A girl that family is extremely important to her because for me coming from such a close family that's that's my rock."