Halloween is almost here and while it may look a little different this year, there's nothing stopping us from getting our DIY on.
Etsy says it has a 27% increase in searches for Halloween items in the last three months compared to the same time last year.
"Whether shoppers are decking out a front porch, incorporating face masks into costumes, or opting for trick-or-treat alternatives, this Halloween will be a time to showcase creativity more than ever before," according to the Etsy 2020 Halloween trends report.
Check out three easy DIYs below from Etsy trend expert Dayna Isom Johnson.
How to make DIY jack-o-lantern smile face masks
- Cloth mask
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric glue
Etsy says it has seen a 172% boom in searches for Halloween face masks between July and August 2020.
1. Use a pre-made mask in the color of your choice. On a piece of felt, use chalk or a white-colored pencil and trace out a triangles for the nose and a crescent moon shape for the smile.
2. Cut out the traced shapes with fabric scissors and snip out small squares that will mimic teeth.
3. Apply fabric glue to the shapes and add to mask.
4. Wait for mask to dry and wear with style!
How to make ghost s’mores
- Halloween Peeps
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate bar
- Mini chocolate chips
1. Place large marshmallow in the microwave for 5 seconds or leave plain, add mini chocolate chips to the marshmallow to resemble eyes.
2. Layer graham cracker chocolate square and ghost marshmallow on top.
3. Take a picture and then enjoy!
How to make pom pom pumpkins
- Colorful pom poms
Etsy says it has seen an 18% increase in searches for personalized or custom pumpkin items in the last three months compared to the same time last year.
1. You can use real or fake pumpkins for this creative DIY. Simply glue pom poms to the pumpkin in a design or all over for a fun fuzzy effect.
2. Place on your table, porch and around the house for Halloween fun.
3 easy DIY projects perfect for celebrating Halloween safely originally appeared on goodmorningamerica.com