By: GQ Editors
Wait, you cooked an entire hog but forgot dessert? C’mon, guy! Finish strong with grilled cobbler. Nobody will see it coming.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on the grill (medium temp) for about 10 minutes, then melt 4 tablespoons of butter in it.
- Add a 20-ounce can of fruit (peach, blueberry, or cherry) and its pairing (a tablespoon of scattered cinnamon, 4 or 5 teaspoons of lemon juice, or a handful of pecans, respectively).
- Whip up a box of cake mix according to the directions on the box and spoon it on top until the fruit is mostly covered. (You’ll have enough batter to make two cobblers.)
- Cover the skillet loosely with aluminum foil.
- Grill until the cobbler browns and the fruit bubbles (about 30 minutes).
- Serve with ice cream and take off your apron. You’re done.
More from GQ:
Photograph by Peden + Munk