Searching for a new dessert idea? Try this tropical inspired Hawaiian Cake Roll. It has yummy pineapple filling, and swaps sugar for SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener. Our recipe has less than 200 calories per serving.
Hawaiian Cake Roll Recipe
Servings per Recipe: 10
- 1/2 cup almond slices, toasted
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and sides of a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan; line pan with waxed paper; grease and flour waxed paper. Sprinkle almond slices and coconut evenly in pan. Set aside.
- Drain pineapple reserving 1/4 cup juice. Squeeze excess liquid from crushed pineapple; drain well on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated cornstarch, and reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved; stir in pineapple. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Spoon over almond slices and coconut. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks at high speed with an electric mixer until thick and pale; gradually add 1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, beating constantly. Stir in oil and almond extract. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until foamy; gradually add remaining 1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated and corn syrup, beating until stiff but not dry. Fold beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually fold into egg mixture. Spoon batter over pineapple filling, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven.
- Sift 2 tablespoons powdered sugar on a cloth towel. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula and immediately turn out onto sugared towel. Starting at narrow end, roll cake; cool 30 minutes on a wire rack seam side down. Cut into 1-inch slices.