Zendaya has signed on to star in a new biopic about Ronnie Spector.
Originally published in 1990, Be My Baby recounts Spector’s roller-coaster career as lead singer of the Ronettes, her emotionally abusive marriage to the Phil Spector, and her resurgence as a solo singer.
Zendaya was apparently handpicked by Spector herself, and A24 leveraged its existing relationship with the actress through Euphoria to close the deal. Both Zendaya and Spector will also serve as producers on the project.
Earlier this month, Zendaya made history by becoming the youngest woman to ever win the Emmy for Best Actress – Drama. The Euphoria actress also became only the second-ever Black woman to win the award.
- The Title to Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat Sequel Is Absolutely Glorious
- BTS Perform "Dynamite" and "Idol" to Kick Off Tonight Show Residency: Watch
- Mariah Carey Secretly Recorded a '90s Grunge Rock Album
- Dolly Parton Finally Puts Longtime Tattoo Rumors to Rest
- Sacha Baron Cohen Trolls Mike Pence in Trailer for Borat 2: Watch