Zayn has returned with his first solo single in two years, “Better”.
This is the first preview of his forthcoming third album, the follow-up to 2018’s Icarus Falls. “Better” is a velvety R&B love jam about the sexiest thing there is: open communication. Zayn asks his lover to express her negative emotions now, rather than waiting for the problem to get worse. “Why? Why wait to fight?” he croons, later wondering, “Can we save tears in your eyes?”
The music video was directed by Ryan Hope and the concept seems simple enough: Zayn starts out shirtless, and then he gets dressed in slow motion. But there are also brief cutaways to people watching him through binoculars or listening to tape recordings, which suggest that the pop star might be under surveillance. Paparazzi? Foreign governments? It’s never made clear, but on the other hand, Zayn sure is shirtless for a long time! Check out the video below.
- Zayn and Zhavia Ward update “A Whole New World” for live-action Aladdin: Stream
- Album Review: Zayn Bores with Half-Baked Concept Album Icarus Falls
Few details are known about his upcoming third studio album, though a statement promises it will be “his most personal project to date.”
On Wednesday, September 25th, he and Gigi Hadid welcomed a baby girl.
- The Title to Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat Sequel Is Absolutely Glorious
- Filter's Richard Patrick on Quitting Nine Inch Nails: Trent Reznor Told Me to Deliver Pizza
- Dolly Parton Finally Puts Longtime Tattoo Rumors to Rest
- Ranking: Every Martin Scorsese Film from Worst to Best
- Dave Chappelle Unloads on Critics Upon Winning Emmy for Best Variety Special