The post Yves Tumor returns with entrancing new song “Applaud”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Yves Tumor’s first since the 2018 album Safe in the Hands of Love, the new single interlaces R&B and hip-hop with harsher, almost industrial, tones. Like Blood Orange meets Death Grips, breathy, silken vocals blend in with clanking, static-filled production.
Hear “Applaud” below, which also features guest contributions from New Orleans artist/model Hirakish and Los Angeles producer Napolian. Update — Friday, September 13th: The single’s official video is here, directed by filmmaker Gia Coppola (Palo Alto).
- R.I.P. Daniel Johnston, lo-fi songwriting legend dead at 58
- R.I.P. Eddie Money, veteran rock singer dead at 70
- Morrissey's US tour suffers from low ticket sales
- Tool have No. 1 album in America after dethroning Taylor Swift
- New teaser for El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie chronicles Jesse's misadventures
- Original Bauhaus lineup to reunite for first time in 13 years