In a new and rare interview with Elliott Wilson, YoungBoy said there isn’t any rivalry between himself and the aforementioned rappers.
“It ain’t none of that,” he told Wilson. “You could never compete with a person. None of those people determine [what I do] or I determine where they gon’ go. What they make and all that shit don’t concern what’s going on over here and anything different. I don’t know what to say about that, but shit, no.”
“You feel confident in your own lane,” Wilson responded.
YoungBoy agreed, explaining, “Everybody great at what they do, and it’s all different. We all different.”
Earlier this month, the Baton Rouge rapper released his latest LP Top, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, racking up approximately 126,000 equivalent album units during its first week. Overall, YoungBoy has earned a total of three No. 1 albums in less than a year, as well as a mixtape that peaked at No. 2.
- Listen to YoungBoy Never Broke Again's New Album 'Top' f/ Snoop Dogg and Lil Wayne
- YoungBoy Never Broke Again Teams Up With Snoop Dogg for New Single "Callin"
- Roddy Ricch Responds to People Claiming YoungBoy Never Broke Again Copied His Artwork
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.