Rapper YoungBoy Never Broke Again was arrested in Tallahassee, Florida on Saturday night, according to TMZ. The Baton Rouge, Louisiana native was apprehended for an outstanding felony warrant that includes a kidnapping charge.
He was scheduled to make an appearance at The Moon nightclub in Tallahassee, but reportedly never made it to the venue. Instead, law enforcement stopped the rapper’s tour bus and got into the vehicle. When police ran his record, they discovered that he was wanted in Georgia for an alleged assault, weapons violations, and kidnapping.
YoungBoy Never Broke Again, 18, has faced a number of legal troubles. In 2016 the “Outside Today” rapper was arrested in connection to a series of shootings in his hometown of Baton Rouge. He pled guilty in May 2017 to the charge of aggravated assault with a firearm, and in August was handed a suspended 10-year prison sentence and three years probation.
In October 2016, he signed a deal with Atlantic Records. The rapper is a father of four and dropped his first mixtape Life Before Fame in 2015. His latest mixtape Fed Baby's with Moneybagg Yo dropped in November and appeared at No. 21 on the Billboard 200. Last year, the New York Times called him “one of the most promising young Southern rappers of the past couple of years.”
Following news of the arrest, video surfaced that appeared to show YoungBoy throwing his girlfriend, Jania, to the ground in a hotel hallway. TMZ reports the incident took place in Waycross, Georgia, and that cops found blood in the room they were staying in. YoungBoy and Jania both left before police arrived, but the evidence found at the hotel was enough to issue a warrant for the rapper's arrest.
Jania responded to the video by saying they were "just playing" and that she wasn't kidnapped.
YoungBoy is scheduled to appear in court on Monday. Complex has reached out to his team for comment.
- Premiere: Young Scooter Recruits Youngboy Never Broke Again for New Song 'Bail Out'
- YoungBoy Never Broke Again Receives Three Years Probation for Aggravated Assault
- NBA YoungBoy Reportedly Charged With Attempted First Degree Murder
More from Complex
- #SoleWatch: Nick Young Plays in the 'Blush' Adidas Yeezy 500
- Kawhi Leonard Could Be Back With the Spurs in March
- 'Black Panther' Fans Petition Netflix for Wakanda TV Show Spinoff
- Nipsey Hussle Says He and YG Are Still Releasing Their Joint Project
- Looks Like Antoine Fuqua May Be Directing 'Scarface' After All