CBS’ No. 1 soap has officially announced that, as widely suspected/hoped at the time that her casting first leaked, Hope is relocating her B&B character, Sally Spectra — a dynamic fashion designer and the great-niece of the OG Sally (played by the late Darlene Conley) — to Genoa City.
Arriving in the new burg on Tuesday, Nov. 3, Sally will be “looking to make a fresh start, while doing her best to keep her colorful past a secret,” CBS teases. “She comes to town with an agenda and some surprising connections to key players, including Lauren Fenmore (played by Y&R vet Tracey Bregman).
“We really enjoyed Courtney’s work on The Bold and the Beautiful. Sally Spectra is a colorful character that fans love watching,” Y&R head writer and co-EP Josh Griffith said in a statement. “We are excited for her to stir things up in Genoa City and join our talented cast.”
Hope originated the role of Sally Spectra in 2017, and last appeared on B&B in August 2020, when Sally split town after her scheme to win back her ex, Wyatt, went bust. The actress’ previous TV credits include Transparent, Quantum Break and episodes of Bones, NCIS and Criminal Minds.
More from TVLine
- TVLine Items: Ealy Leads ABC Drama Pilot, MTV Reboots Cribs and More
- CBS Teases Mom (Minus Anna Faris), Cryptic NCIS: LA, Young Sheldon's Breakdown and Other Returning Shows
- CBS Sets November Dates for NCIS, Mom, Sheldon, All Rise and 6 Others
Best of TVLine
- TV Roles Recast: 25+ Times a Show Changed Actors Midstream (and Why)
- Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles — on Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Friends and Other Shows
- TV Stars Almost Cast in Other Roles