Neal McDonough, who has recently been seen on shows like Yellowstone, Altered Carbon and the Robert Zemeckis series Project Blue Book, has signed on to star in Red Stone, an indie thriller written and directed by Derek Presley. McDonough, who also serves as an executive producer on the film, will star alongside Dash Melrose (Little Fires Everywhere), Michael Cudlitz (The Walking Dead), Dominic Scott Kay (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End), Jason Douglas (The Walking Dead), Allie DeBerry (A.N.T. Farm), and Mike Dopud (The Predator).
Filming is currently underway in Texas. The story follows Motley (Melrose), whose life spirals out of control as he’s forced to go on the run from southern crime lord, Jed Haywood (Cudlitz). Boon, Haywood’s best henchman and close friend, is tracking Motley and over the course of one day, both Motley and Boon go on a spiritual journey as their fate brings them together for a showdown.
More from Deadline
- Neal McDonough Signs With Buchwald
- 'Yellowstone' Finale: A Recap & Taylor Sheridan Explains Harrowing Climax And Where Next For His Hit Western
- 'Yellowstone' Casts Neal McDonough; Jay Reeves Joins 'All American'
Robert Johnson, Jason Starne, and Austin Williams are producing the pic with McDonough and Alex Blackmon as EPs.
McDonough, who presently can be seen in The Warrant on Amazon and appeared in Paramount’s hit feature Sonic the Hedgehog, is repped by Buchwald and Goodman, Genow, Schenkman, Smelkinson, and Christopher.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: Global Cases Pass 8 Million As Death Toll Nears 450,000; U.S. Deaths At 116,000 - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto