John Landgraf, Chairman of FX Networks and FX Productions, said that the project is in pre-production. “We’ve seen five, six scripts,” he said. “We haven’t scheduled it because it hasn’t gone into production. We changed showrunners and did a big reboot on it, but that seems to be going well.”
More from Deadline
- FX Sets Premiere Dates For 'Fargo', 'Mrs. America', 'Better Things', 'Devs', 'Archer' & More - TCA
- 'The Weekly': FX "Strongly Considering" Renewal, Eyes Shift To More Topical Content
- "Super Original" Or "Relatively Generic": Inside FX's Title Factory
Eliza Clark replaced Aida Mashaka Croal and Michael Green as showrunner last year. The pair served as writers/EPs/showrunners on the pilot but exited over creative differences in April, two months after the pilot had been picked up to series.
The Diane Lane-fronted series traverses a postapocalyptic world in which a cataclysmic event has decimated every male save for one lone human. The new world order of women will explore gender, race, class and survival. Barry Keoghan, Imogen Poots, Lashana Lynch, Juliana Canfield, Marin Ireland and Amber Tamblyn also star.
Clark, Jacobson and Brad Simpson of Color Force (Pose) and Vaughan executive produce. Melina Matsoukas (Insecure) directed the pilot episode and also serves as executive producer. Nellie Reed serves as producer. FX Productions produces.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers