Actor-writer-producer X Mayo (The Daily Show) is set as a series regular opposite Ana Gasteyer and Harriet Dyer in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot American Auto, from Superstore creator Justin Spitzer, Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment and Universal Television.
Written by Spitzer, American Auto is set at the headquarters of a major American automotive company in Detroit, where a floundering group of executives try to rediscover the company identity amidst a rapidly changing industry.
More from Deadline
- Heidi Klum Skips 'America's Got Talent' Taping After Getting Ill
- NBC Sets Audition Cities For StandUp NBC Competition For Diverse Comedians
- 'Crazy For You': Shelley Hennig To Star, Alice Lee, Tiana Okoye & Nick Cafero Also Cast In NBC Comedy Pilot
X Mayo will play Dori, a sweet, wholesome assistant to the CEO (Gasteyer).
Spitzer executive produces with Kapital’s Kaplan and Dana Honor.
X Mayo is currently a staff writer on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. Most recently, she had a heavily recurring role on season 2 of the series Strangers on Facebook Watch as well as a supporting role in the film The Farewell, starring Awkwafina. An alumni performer at Upright Citizens Brigade, X has performed comedy at multiple festivals including 2nd Best and Hell Yes Fest. She is also the producer/creator of Who Made The Potato Salad? A Cookout Comedy Show that gets made in a day by people of color. X Mayo is repped by Innovative Artists and Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll At 26; Washington, California & Florida See Fatalities - Update
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More